C Danila Klimovich (2021, 41st, VAN)

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Danila Klimovich at eliteprospects.com

Making some buzz at the U18 Worlds today with a hat-trick against Switzerland and a goal against Sweden in the game before that:

Danila Klimovich announced his status as a legitimate 2021 NHL Draft prospect with his U18 debut - EP Rinkside

Found a highlight video from last year:

I could see him getting drafted by a team in the late second or early 3rd. Texier was a similar player that did well in a league that wasn't all that great, but Texier was scouted all year, not sure if Klimovich has been. This is very intriguing because he is an unknown player to most and has apparently kept up with the better players in the draft.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
I could see him getting drafted by a team in the late second or early 3rd. Texier was a similar player that did well in a league that wasn't all that great, but Texier was scouted all year, not sure if Klimovich has been. This is very intriguing because he is an unknown player to most and has apparently kept up with the better players in the draft.
Not sure how much Klimovich has been scouted this year (probably not much because of covid), but it’s not like he’s completely unknown. He’s played internationally before and was taken in the CHL import draft. Anyway, overreacting and picking Klimovich in the 2nd round based on a single tournament is exactly the kind of thing NHL teams would do. He scored 4 goals but wasn’t that great overall.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Not sure how much Klimovich has been scouted this year (probably not much because of covid), but it’s not like he’s completely unknown. He’s played internationally before and was taken in the CHL import draft. Anyway, overreacting and picking Klimovich in the 2nd round based on a single tournament is exactly the kind of thing NHL teams would do. He scored 4 goals but wasn’t that great overall.
It's good to score 4 goals in 2 games, but those goals did not look like any masterpieces and the opposing defenders? Well, let's just say they didn´t look that hard to beat. Still, always fun to see prospects from smaller countries.

Reactions: pgfan66

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Right handed shot too nice, hopefully he heads to the Q next year.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Two goals so far tonight. Caught up with some kid named Michkov... ( I realize the age gap)

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Any word if he is committed to join QMJHL’s Rouyn-Noranda for next season??

I think it would help his draft stock

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Any word if he is committed to join QMJHL’s Rouyn-Noranda for next season??

I think it would help his draft stock

According to this tweet, he is still in the plans for the Huskies, but it will depend on the NHL team that selects him:

They did draft 2 new Europeans at the CHL import draft, but still retained Klimovich's rights. Myklukha was dealt to Blainville-Boisbriand.

Reactions: rocketdan9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
According to this tweet, he is still in the plans for the Huskies, but it will depend on the NHL team that selects him:

They did draft 2 new Europeans at the CHL import draft, but still retained Klimovich's rights. Myklukha was dealt to Blainville-Boisbriand.

So if the Sabres draft him he is not coming??

Its pretty vague

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad