C Danil Aimurzin - Severstal Cherepovets, KHL (2020 Undrafted)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
15+30=45 points in 57 games. Not that small either. NHL teams will likely have interest once his contract expires. EP says he has one year after this one remaining.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
A classic good scorer on a bad team, not an NHL prospect, not now at least

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Yeah, he was on the fringes of my list two or three years ago. I'm not sure that he's really progressed meaningfully. I like his hockey sense. I don't love his transition game as much as I love his o-zone movement and process.

Listen, though, if every league in the world reset and we started all over...and guys like Aimurzin, Alalykin, or Lazutin or whoever magically ended up in the NHL - the league isn't worse. Depending on how it goes, it's probably even slightly better...but in this format with the rules on drafts, you have higher hurdles for Russians, you have higher hurdles for contracted KHLers, you have higher hurdles for non-first-timers...combinations of all of that, like Aimurzin...it's gotta be almost a no doubter to get a team to invest. And it's not.

Maybe because this draft is so bad, some creative teams will try to figure out how to give themselves better chance at finding talent. But, that's a long way to go...

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Yeah, he was on the fringes of my list two or three years ago. I'm not sure that he's really progressed meaningfully. I like his hockey sense. I don't love his transition game as much as I love his o-zone movement and process.

Listen, though, if every league in the world reset and we started all over...and guys like Aimurzin, Alalykin, or Lazutin or whoever magically ended up in the NHL - the league isn't worse. Depending on how it goes, it's probably even slightly better...but in this format with the rules on drafts, you have higher hurdles for Russians, you have higher hurdles for contracted KHLers, you have higher hurdles for non-first-timers...combinations of all of that, like Aimurzin...it's gotta be almost a no doubter to get a team to invest. And it's not.

Maybe because this draft is so bad, some creative teams will try to figure out how to give themselves better chance at finding talent. But, that's a long way to go...
Will the league become much better if Reid Boucher, Jordan Weal, Eric O'Dell, Alex Galchenyuk and Taylor Beck would come to NHL?

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Not sure if that comment is serious or not...but those are on the downside of their careers, so their ability to absorb and progress is probably negligible at best at this point. So probably not. But I don't know the context of your comment. My comment wasn't a ringing endorsements of those names, in case that's how it comes across...

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Not sure if that comment is serious or not...but those are on the downside of their careers, so their ability to absorb and progress is probably negligible at best at this point. So probably not. But I don't know the context of your comment. My comment wasn't a ringing endorsements of those names, in case that's how it comes across...
I guess, I got confused by the post indeed. I thought you wrote that if everything is reset and Alalykin, Lazutin and Aimurzin end up in NHL league is better. This is confusing, at least for me. What is that supposed to mean? I understood that if we put this guys in NHL, league becomes better accrd to you

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
It's not that deep. All I'm saying is: All things being equal, if the NHL subbed out Lazutin for, I don't know, Will Lockwood...are we really worse off? I wouldn't think so.

Most players are interchangeable. Very little can separate a non-elite NHLer from quality AHLers or Euro Leagers.

Making the NHL is often predicated on opportunity, utilization, style of play, role on a team, contract status, etc etc etc.....

I mean is Yakov Trenin really that good? No.

Last edited:
Reactions: B17 Apricots

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
It's not that deep. All I'm saying is: All things being equal, if the NHL subbed out Lazutin for, I don't know, Will Lockwood...are we really worse off? I wouldn't think so.
Ok, then my question was relevant.

Those canadians I listed are much better players than Lazutin or Alalykin or even Aimurzin, and they would all go to AHL and at best, would become NHL/AHL type, Aimurzin would also go to AHL and would stay there for at least a season.
Lazutin would probably go to ECHL, same with Alalykin.

I have to be honest, I dont know much about Lockwood. But for example, a guy like Vasili Podkolzin or Semyon Der-Arguchintsev are much better players and they are AHLers

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Most players are interchangeable. Very little can separate a non-elite NHLer from quality AHLers or Euro Leagers.

Making the NHL is often predicated on opportunity, utilization, style of play, role on a team, contract status, etc etc etc.....

I mean is Yakov Trenin really that good? No.
Def not "most". 4th liners sometimes are players who would not be top guys in KHL for example, like Kostin, Toropchenko, Trenin. Those would still be quality players though, just not the top scorers or smth.

If you are arguing for "most" your example should not be Trenin, but someone like Kuzmenko, Dadonov maybe even Mikheyev etc

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Def not "most". 4th liners sometimes are players who would not be top guys in KHL for example, like Kostin, Toropchenko, Trenin. Those would still be quality players though, just not the top scorers or smth.

If you are arguing for "most" your example should not be Trenin, but someone like Kuzmenko, Dadonov maybe even Mikheyev etc

Yes, most.
Toropchenko was not a quality KHLer, nor was Mikheyev an elite scorer.
Look at Voronkov… 7th in scoring on Ak Bars last year, currently a quality NHLer.

The NHL is very role specific. Thats why very little separates non-elite NHLers from quality AHLers/Euro Leagers. Style of game can make all the difference.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Four goals, seven points in five playoff games.

One year left on contract with Severstal.

Will be interesting to see if he draws interest as a free agent next spring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad