C Connor McMichael - London Knights, OHL (2019, 25th, WSH)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Currently on pace for best OHL season since Patrick Kane in 2006-07. Sure he'll drop off a lot, but still pretty insane.

a bit, not a lot, at least i think that way. 2.53 ppg at the moment. A lot would mean u 2.00 ppg at end of the season.
personally, i don't believe he will drop u 2.00. Might have ups and downs where it goes under,
but he's gonna have another 2.50-3.00 ppg tear at one point.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
a bit, not a lot, at least i think that way. 2.53 ppg at the moment. A lot would mean u 2.00 ppg at end of the season.
personally, i don't believe he will drop u 2.00. Might have ups and downs where it goes under,
but he's gonna have another 2.50-3.00 ppg tear at one point.

Finishing the season at 2 ppg over the entire season would still be one of the best seasons over the past few years. I think his 6 point game has bloated the still small sample size (15gp) up a bit. If he dropped from his current 2.54 ppg and finished around 2.2 ppg it would still be one of the best OHL seasons of the past decade.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
My question is can McMichael play wing?

Reason why I ask is I'm trying to figure out where he will fit in with Caps. They will likely re-sign Backstrom and then they have Kuznetsov. Doesn't leave room at Center for McMichael in the top 6...

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
My question is can McMichael play wing?

Reason why I ask is I'm trying to figure out where he will fit in with Caps. They will likely re-sign Backstrom and then they have Kuznetsov. Doesn't leave room at Center for McMichael in the top 6...
What's the problem for a 19-years old to play as a 3C?

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
Backstrom will probably center the 3rd like by the time he’s ready to be a legit top 6 Center.

My thoughts exactly. McMichael doesn't need to come into a top 6 role. Having a 3rd line scoring center is a good option. Eventually flip Backstom down to the third line to make a "shutdown & outscore" line.

Eller would be an excellent 4th line center OR his contract is easily tradeable.

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
McMichael is scoring at the highest rate in the OHL since another Connor Mc____ did it back in 2014-15. Prior to that you'd have to go back to Kane in 06-07 to find a higher scoring pace, that's pretty damn good company even if it has only been 18 games and he's likely to slow down.

To me, the most impressive part is that he has almost doubled the production of his next highest scoring teammate. It seems that normally when you see a guy ripping up the CHL you won't have to scroll too far down the league scoring leaderboard to see one or two of his teammates, but that certainly is not the case here.
upload_2019-11-18_13-40-54.png

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
McMichael is scoring at the highest rate in the OHL since another Connor Mc____ did it back in 2014-15. Prior to that you'd have to go back to Kane in 06-07 to find a higher scoring pace, that's pretty damn good company even if it has only been 18 games and he's likely to slow down.

To me, the most impressive part is that he has almost doubled the production of his next highest scoring teammate. It seems that normally when you see a guy ripping up the CHL you won't have to scroll too far down the league scoring leaderboard to see one or two of his teammates, but that certainly is not the case here.
View attachment 279245
London wasn’t supposed to be nearly this good this year. He’s been extremely impressive. Everyone is waiting for the inevitable drop-off, but we’ll just have to see. It would be fantastic for him to confirm his hype by having a monster WJC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->