C Connor McDavid - Erie Otters, OHL (2015 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Karp

Jul 11, 2007
Nova Scotia
Thanks. That is good news for erie and kingston if he will play for either team because having Mcdavid and Ho sang in the same draft is incredible. Hopefully it is confirmed he has applied soon.

Exactly. It's a blessing, particularly for Kingston, to have McDavid eligible for the draft. I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement, and the decision by the league.

Sheriff66

Mar 17, 2010
Pittsburgh
I'm very interested to know as well, since my Otters would likely take him #1. Watched some video online of the kid, he's dynamite

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Mcdavid applied yes. Im not sure there is much to follow here, I'm pretty sure its a no -brainer that he will get accepted. To most he is further ahead than Ekblad and Taveras at the same age. His hockey IQ/vision is very, very rare. His skating and stickhandling is already OHL level. To play minor midget next year would be a complete waste of time.

Last edited:

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Mcdavid applied yes. Im not sure there is much to follow here, I'm pretty sure its a no -brainer that he will get accepted. To most he is further ahead than Ekblad and Taveras at the same age. His hockey IQ/vision is very, very rare. His skating and stickhandling is already OHL level. To play minor midget next year would be a complete waste of time.

If Hockey Canada deems him not ready to enter the OHL as an underage, I imagine USHL teams would be salivating over the thought of bringing the best young talent in Canada over to their league.

I could actually see him regress if he played Minor Midget next year. He's the best player in the province with kids a year older than him. I imagine he'd be rather bored playing with the 97's next year.

Here's hoping he's granted exceptional player status. His skill-set is just something special.

OHLFan8771

Dec 6, 2011
If he is granted exceptional status which seems is likely, is there any word that he would report to any team (Erie or Kingston) as Ho Sang as stated he would?

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I just got back from game #5 at Etobicoke Ice Sports. Marlboros vs Kings. Marlboros won the game 5-4 and clinched a birth in the finals. I hate to sound like a broken record but i cant believe Mcdavid. 3 points tonight including a highlight reel deke after his speed through the middle and deked the d-man and made the goalie look foolish. His 2 assists completely setup the goal. Mckweon blasted one in from a cross ice pass from MCdavid in the third period to seal the victory. Mcdavid was the reason they won again. Roland Mckweon is an incredible skater, hard worker. To me Mckweon is the best Dman in minor midget. Don Cherry was there. I wonder if he will talk about them tomorrow during coaches corner. He has given the minor midget kids air time.

Last edited:

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Kingston Newspaper, the Whig Standard:

Media members travelling with the Otters have the Erie magic number at nine points (needed by Kingston) to make sure the Otters finish in last place and win the top-pick lottery on April 7. The Otters will go for 1997 birthdate Connor McDavid, the star bantam-age player for the Toronto Marlies. McDavid is seeking exceptional-player status to come into the league early, as did John Tavares and Aaron Ekblad. Joshua Ho-Sang is rated as the top player for the draft in the regular age group ...

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
You were right. Cherry mentioned them and said "they'll get big heads" so he didn't mention names. But we all know who he's talking about, my question is, I'm sure you guys would know, who's the 4th guy?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
What did he say i missed it?

Said how they would definitely win against Vaughan (sadly), I think he talked about Ho-Sang for a bit about his attitude (not quite sure) and said these guys will be huge in 4 years. Made a point not to mention their names saying we'll be the ones telling him how good they are.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Said how they would definitely win against Vaughan (sadly), I think he talked about Ho-Sang for a bit about his attitude (not quite sure) and said these guys will be huge in 4 years. Made a point not to mention their names saying we'll be the ones telling him how good they are.

When did he mention it, which game? I youtube tonight against VAncouver and he didnt mention it? Was it last week against Montreal?

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Do u have a link to this i wish i heard what he said? and he mentioned 4 people? fill me in. I saw him at the game and saw him pointing at certain players and i had a feeling he was going to mention a few guys hence my prediction.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
Do u have a link to this i wish i heard what he said? and he mentioned 4 people? fill me in. I saw him at the game and saw him pointing at certain players and i had a feeling he was going to mention a few guys.

He must have said it before the Leafs and Canucks game, because he did not say it on Coach's Corner.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Sherry Bassin of Erie Otters traded Greg MCkegg away awhile ago. He has admitted he wants to build through the draft. Trading McKegg told me he wants the #1 overall pick really really badly.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Based on what you've seen thus far from Ho Sang and McDavid, do you think both can have a similar impact in their first season in the OHL like Stamkos and Tavares had in the their rookie seasons?

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Based on what you've seen thus far from Ho Sang and McDavid, do you think both can have a similar impact in their first season in the OHL like Stamkos and Tavares had in the their rookie seasons?

If they're put in the right situation (team's style of play, surrounded with talent that compliments their game, etc). I think they can hover around Galchenyuk's numbers. I'm guessing around 75 points.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I agree they both can do well. Id lean toward MCdavid getting more points. I bet both will see power play time as the teams that choose them are not doing well in the OHL so i see them getting good playing time. Believe it or not McDavid will make everyone better even kids that are 3 yrs older. Thats his M.O. his vision and IQ makes everyone better. They both need to gain 10lbs.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
I agree they both can do well. Id lean toward MCdavid getting more points. I bet both will see power play time as the teams that choose them are not doing well in the OHL so i see them getting good playing time. Believe it or not McDavid will make everyone better even kids that are 3 yrs older. Thats his M.O. his vision and IQ makes everyone better. They both need to gain 10lbs.

I'd have to agree, i think Mcdavid will make players 3 years older than him much better.

Any word on his exceptional status? I know he applied, haven't heard much since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad