C Connor Lockhart - Peterborough Petes, OHL (2021, 178th, VAN)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
3rd overall selection in the 2019 OHL priority draft Connor Locheart signs with the Otters.
5 foo 9 center from Kanata Ontario, shoots: right

2018-2019: Kanata Lasers Midget AAA, HEOM-AAA | 30+49=79 (1.98 ppg) | 2+7=9 (3.00 ppg)

Won the league scoring title as a rookie
Rookie of the year (obviously)
1st all-star selection

Broke bunch of records

Played in both, 2019 Canada Winter Games and in OHL gold cup this season

In 15 WSI games Connor has scored 10 goals and 15 assists, 25 points.

17-18 season scored 50 goals, 30 assists in just 30 games for Ottawa Senators Bantam AAA

Could be a very interesting player to watch/follow next season in the OHL.

Here's the Otters official introduce press conference:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
In his last 5 games Connor has 4 goals and 0 assists, 4 points.
- season totals so far: 6 goals and 11 assists, 17 points in 31 games, 0.55 ppg -6 with 12 pim
3 ppg and 55 SOG |

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
1st round talents in a normal year?
Erie fan here.

I think Lockhart is one of the more impacted players when it comes to draft position post pandemic season. I don’t think he would’ve been a 1st rounder because of his size and the fact that he wasn’t going to light it up in 2020-21 with Erie’s middle tier roster. But it’s very possible, maybe likely, that he would have been a 2nd/3rd round pick. Now? He might slip to round 6/7 because he didn’t play a single game this year. It’s sad too because he’s a former 3rd overall pick in 2019 OHL draft. People will tell you he had a “disappointing” rookie year but that’s harsh. Erie was a meh team and he got inconsistent minutes/linemates with size concerns to make it a tougher transition. But he was “fine” as a rookie.

Not playing at all in 2020-21.. Does it hurt his development short term? Of course. But long term this might be a blessing for him. His number one concern as a rookie was size/strength. Imo it impacted everything in his game from his puck control to even his shot selection. He lacked overall confidence because he wasn’t strong enough to win 50/50 battles and he knew it. It’s common for 16/17 year olds to feel that when they are undersized but I’ve also seen guys like DeBrincat just not let it bother them. So there is a concern for me that Lockhart lets his size become a bigger issue than it needs to be. Yes he’s short but that doesn’t mean you can’t be strong. He has to learn to play with more confidence while understanding yes there are disadvantages to your size but there can also be some advantages too.

All that said, he’s an elite level skater who has a strong work ethic and leadership skills. Those are important attributes to have in a later round pick/project. He will put in the work and it’s more about how high his floor/ceiling can go. Imo I would draft him in round 4/5 range. I could see a team reaching in round 3 but that would be risky since he hasn’t played in a year. But once you get to round 4, there are few players with more potential or reward. Intriguing prospect! Excited to see him start camp in Erie in a month

Last edited:

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
.no season to ducuss and and now noone knows what to say aboit the draft. hopefully he will play soon and score often.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Erie fan here.

I think Lockhart is one of the more impacted players when it comes to draft position post pandemic season. I don’t think he would’ve been a 1st rounder because of his size and the fact that he wasn’t going to light it up in 2020-21 with Erie’s middle tier roster. But it’s very possible, maybe likely, that he would have been a 2nd/3rd round pick. Now? He might slip to round 6/7 because he didn’t play a single game this year. It’s sad too because he’s a former 3rd overall pick in 2019 OHL draft. People will tell you he had a “disappointing” rookie year but that’s harsh. Erie was a meh team and he got inconsistent minutes/linemates with size concerns to make it a tougher transition. But he was “fine” as a rookie.

Not playing at all in 2020-21.. Does it hurt his development short term? Of course. But long term this might be a blessing for him. His number one concern as a rookie was size/strength. Imo it impacted everything in his game from his puck control to even his shot selection. He lacked overall confidence because he wasn’t strong enough to win 50/50 battles and he knew it. It’s common for 16/17 year olds to feel that when they are undersized but I’ve also seen guys like DeBrincat just not let it bother them. So there is a concern for me that Lockhart lets his size become a bigger issue than it needs to be. Yes he’s short but that doesn’t mean you can’t be strong. He has to learn to play with more confidence while understanding yes there are disadvantages to your size but there can also be some advantages too.

All that said, he’s an elite level skater who has a strong work ethic and leadership skills. Those are important attributes to have in a later round pick/project. He will put in the work and it’s more about how high his floor/ceiling can go. Imo I would draft him in round 4/5 range. I could see a team reaching in round 3 but that would be risky since he hasn’t played in a year. But once you get to round 4, there are few players with more potential or reward. Intriguing prospect! Excited to see him start camp in Erie in a month
Thanks for this write-up! Nice to read after my team having drafted him.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Its really difficult to evaluate a a young player who plays for a shitty team.
Yet you had no problem doing so with Savoie and now that he is playing excellent you have no comments about him?

Lockhart fell in the draft for a reason and he has a long road ahead of him in becoming a legit prospect plain and simple.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I know that he went 3rd overall in the WHL draft and never lived up to his draft position but..

In his 19 year old season, he is having a good one. 21 points in just 13 games, Thats a 112 point pace-

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad