C Cameron Lund - Green Bay Gamblers, USHL (2022 , 34th, SJS)

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Haven't seen anything on him so far but deserving of his own thread.

Definitely a player that in my eyes is rising up the ranks, possible 2nd/3rd rounder.

Cam is 6'2 185lbs and growing into that frame, last 10 games has 6g 7a 13p, seems to be firing on all cylinders now.

Spent a cup of coffee with the USNDP but this MA boy will be heading to Northeastern next year. Right shot center flying under the radar right now, wouldn't be shocked if he goes mid 2nd round.

Cam had a really nice showing at the Hlinka/Gretzky tournament same as Cole Knuble another potential mid rounder, keep an eye out for him come draft time.

1650486392543.png

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Haven't seen anything on him so far but deserving of his own thread.

Definitely a player that in my eyes is rising up the ranks, possible 2nd/3rd rounder.

Cam is 6'2 185lbs and growing into that frame, last 10 games has 6g 7a 13p, seems to be firing on all cylinders now.

Spent a cup of coffee with the USNDP but this MA boy will be heading to Northeastern next year. Right shot center flying under the radar right now, wouldn't be shocked if he goes mid 2nd round.

Cam had a really nice showing at the Hlinka/Gretzky tournament same as Cole Knuble another potential mid rounder, keep an eye out for him come draft time.

View attachment 533429
He’ll be a guy in the 2nd for sure

Reactions: AmericanDream

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Who goes first , him or teammate Ryan Greene? Similar players
Could go either way, I began really liking Lund because I was initially watching Green Bay for Greene.

I think Lund’s play the 2nd half will have a team stepping up in the first half of the 2nd, I think Greene goes somewhere within a round after Lund does when all is said and done.

Whatever team gets either guy will be very happy.

Reactions: Frk It

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not as big of a fan of him as most are.

Here are my notes on him from this season.

Lund: Big forward, can play center or wing, that skates pretty well, is physical, and goes to the net. He’s defensively responsible and has a little skill. Don’t think he’s a guy that projects as a top six forward in the NHL. Has a chance to be a bottom six forward. Round 4-5 guy.

Reactions: JohnJim and Frk It

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Cameron Lund was drafted by the QMJHL’s Moncton Wildcats in the first round, 17th overall at the 2020 QMJHL American Draft and by the Green Bay Gamblers in the second round, 24th overall at the 2020 USHL Futures Draft. Deciding to keep his NCAA eligibility, Lund opted for the USHL route. He played 62 games for the Gamblers this season, scoring 25 goals and 25 assists for 50 points. Lund also played in one game for the US National Team Development Program U-18 squad, picking up an assist. He was named to the USHL All-Rookie Second Team. Lund is committed to attending Northeastern University and playing for the Huskies next season.

Last summer, Lund played for Team USA at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup. He was one of the best players on the American team, putting up four goals and an assist for five points in four tournament games. In 2020-21, Lund played two games for the Gamblers, scoring his first USHL goal. He also played in three US High School games with Cushing Academy. He spent the majority of the season playing for the Jr. Bruins of the NCDC. Lund scored 17 goals and 34 points in 40 games.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Much better. I think Greene is a lot more skilled and has better hockey sense. Lund is more of a bottom six prospect, while I think Greene is top six.
I agree with you on liking greene more, i think he's a much more complete player and plays with more purpose all over the ice then lund. But i don't see lund as a bottom 6 type prospect. His game and the way he plays in my eyes screams top6 or bust. What is it about his game that makes u think he's only a bottom 6 type? It certainly isn't his hands, those are probably his absolute best asset.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree with you on liking greene more, i think he's a much more complete player and plays with more purpose all over the ice then lund. But i don't see lund as a bottom 6 type prospect. His game and the way he plays in my eyes screams top6 or bust. What is it about his game that makes u think he's only a bottom 6 type? It certainly isn't his hands, those are probably his absolute best asset.
I know some have that view, but whenever I've seen Lund he looks like a guy who can skate, has some puck skills, plays with a good motor, but doesn't do anything offensively that I feel like translates to significant offense. I think he does enough that'll get him to the NHL, but I see him more as a guy that plays towards the bottom of a lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad