C Cameron Darcy - Cape Breton, QMJHL (2014, 185th overall, Tampa Bay)

Screaming Eagle

Oct 19, 2013
Cape Breton
Cameron Darcy - 19yo - 6ft, 187lbs

Suprise this season for me. Thought he was an American nobody but it turns out he is somebody. One of the few good players on Cape Breton and may go 5-7th round this year. Thoughts? His stats are 13gp,7g,12a,19pts, good for 5th in the QMJHL. Not the highest but he plays a good game, good enough to maybe a best be a 4th line or 3rd line forward but it's not that probable. More than likely a 3rd or 4th line forward in the AHL. The Eagles play Anthony Mantha and the Val D'or Foreur tonight.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
he is now making a name for himself and possibly consideration for the US WJC team. Good for him as he got lost in the shuffle at the USNDP. Some players just need some time to find their own way and identity..looks like Darcy is that kid.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I'd be surprised if he doesn't get picked late this year. He's playing too well for a team not to take a flyer on him.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
I'd be surprised if he doesn't get picked late this year. He's playing too well for a team not to take a flyer on him.

He is playing well and a bit of a surprise as an unknown. He is playing big minutes and playing with Carrier is helping his game. It is a long season. See how he does in Feb-March.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He is playing well and a bit of a surprise as an unknown. He is playing big minutes and playing with Carrier is helping his game. It is a long season. See how he does in Feb-March.

to be fair he has played 2 more games than Carrier and has 7 more points...I am sure Carrier has been a help as they work well with each other, but Darcy has skill and has earned his ice time and production on his own accord.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009

I wouldn't call him an unknown. He played for USNTDP for 2 years but he was one of those kids who simply couldn't get the ice time. Same thing happened to him @ Northeastern. Comes to the Q and gets ice time and now he's playing well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad