C Cameron Berg - Muskegon Lumberjacks, USHL (2021, 125th, NYI)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he's an under the radar player in the 2020 draft. He put up good stats and also has offensive talent. He's a terrific skater at around 6'0 with good puck skills and goal-scoring. His hockey IQ might be a question. Thats what I noticed, but I haven't watched that much. He's a center for now, but he might be moved off the position because he doesn't appear to be a complete offensive player, as he looks like more of a 1v1 isolation player.

Cameron Berg at eliteprospects.com

Reactions: d rake

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Why wasn't he drafted?

Surprisingly plenty of those from last draft.
They should've gotten drafted, but for some reason,...

Scored 18 goals, 30 points in 32 games for Lumberjacks last season
Is over goal per game this season, 11 goals in 10 games so far (16 points) +8

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why wasn't he drafted?

This always happens with USHL players. Its not a high-profile league, and if they don't play for the NTDP or Chicago Steel, scouts aren't watching as many of their games. They get tagged as boring profiles playing for a team like Muskegon.

TopC0rner

Feb 21, 2018
Why wasn't he drafted?

Last year, he had flashes last season but lacked consistency big time. I saw some of his games where I thought "wow, that guy's pretty good" but most of the time I was left on my appetite.

With the NHL drafting more and more overagers, he will get his chance next year if he improved his consistency.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I love how PB finds these no names and posts them with his fingers crossed that one day he'll finally be right and one of them will take off so he can feel good about being "the first to know"

When clearly all he does is look at a few stats, a highlight and then says something boilerplate about stats and skating before ignoring them completely

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Cameron Berg is relatively well known thanks to his stats which give him sporting credibility.

Unlike many High School players who have never played or very little, in USHL and who are drafted.

Most of the time, these players turn out to be far from the required level.

How to explain that Montreal was able to take Rischeinski in 2019 ?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was actually watching this guy play a few games recently. The first game I saw when I made this thread, I thought he looked good, but it could just be a good game. I've now seen him play a number of more games, and I'm quite surprised that he wasn't drafted.

He has clear NHL upside between his skating, power, size, shot, puck skills. I even think he probably belonged more in the mid rounds as opposed to the late rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad