C Bryce McConnell-Barker - SOO Greyhounds, OHL (2022, 97th, NYR)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
| McConnell-Barker commits to Greyhounds – Soo Greyhounds |

Position: center
Height: 6 foot 1
Weight 165 lbs
Shoots: left
DOB: June 4th 2004
Draft Eligible: 2022
Draft: 2020 OHL Priority Selection Draft 4th overall (Greyhounds)
POB: London, Ontario
Other info: was ALLIANCE 2019-2020 player of the year

Already has experience from the GOJHL (regular and play-offs).
- played 6 games in the GOJHL regular season, 6 points (3+3)
- played 3 games in the play-offs, 2 assists

Scored 29 goals and 48 points in 30 games for London jr Knights
this season + 6 goals and 8 points in 9 play-off games.

Also has experience from WSI (U15) 5 points in 9 games
- small role, played in a stacked team (McGroarty, Fantilli, Filak, Mehlenbacher....)

- Should be a prospect to be followed closely -

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted fourth overall in the 2020 OHL Draft, McConnell-Barker saw what was supposed to be his rookie season in the league completely cancelled by the COVID Pandemic. Making up for his lost time, McConnell-Barker had a big rookie/draft season for the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds. He scored 23 goals and 26 assists for 49 points in 68 regular-season games. McConnell-Barker also added one goal and four assists for five points in 10 OHL Playoff games. He helped the Greyhounds to a five-game victory over the Guelph Storm in the first round. Unfortunately, the team suffered a five-game loss to the Flint Firebirds in the second round of the playoffs. McConnell-Barker also played for Team White at the CHL Top Prospects Game, contributing in a 3-1 victory.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
I don’t see the hype with him. Very soft at times with some flashes but inconsistent throughout the year. He needs to step it up big time next year and start showing why he was picked so early at the 2020 OHL draft.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Definitely not a flashy player 99% of the time, but soft is not how I would describe him at all. Good 2 way player who can be relied upon in all situations. Needs to work on the offensive side, but his focus on the defensive side has given him a solid foundation to do so. I predict a breakout offensive season this year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Another pick I don't like, but I don't hate. I would've had him in the fourth round, and we picked him 3rd round. The Rangers seem to draft a lot of safe guys with depth elements in recent years. Could result in some good bottom six players.

Not saying thats a terrible thing as we need some of that, but I think they've been very conservative with their drafting strategy under Drury.

Reactions: Wierzbowski426

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Another pick I don't like, but I don't hate. I would've had him in the fourth round, and we picked him 3rd round. The Rangers seem to draft a lot of safe guys with depth elements in recent years. Could result in some good bottom six players.

Not saying thats a terrible thing as we need some of that, but I think they've been very conservative with their drafting strategy under Drury.
Lmao, cool.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
7+7=14 points in 14 games. He leads Soo in scoring and is the captain. They are the lowest scoring team in the Western Conference of the OHL and second lowest in all of the OHL, so some of his numbers may be under-inflated.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
7+7=14 points in 14 games. He leads Soo in scoring and is the captain. They are the lowest scoring team in the Western Conference of the OHL and second lowest in all of the OHL, so some of his numbers may be under-inflated.
Without a doubt - he is one of a few players on that team that have stood out when watching the games.

Obviously more offence is expected but he’s always generating scoring chances for the Soo.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

NorthernBridge7

Dec 26, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Have only seen him live 1 time this season (this week) but he looked much improved from last season (3-4 viewings). Bigger, stronger, great shot, making things happen, & thriving as "the guy" on that SOO team now. He's a good one.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad