C Brendan Brisson - Chicago Steel, USHL (2020, 29th, VGK)

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Even if there’s not much talk amongst fans, have to think NHL teams/staff are well aware of him just because of who Dad is.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’ve watched a few games of his at the WJAC. Looks very good. I can easily see first round potential.

Excellent playmaker and very skilled. Skates well and a good hockey IQ. He’s the best player on that team.

Reactions: Synergy27

PuckProspects

Jul 23, 2018

Here's some WJAC highlights for Brisson. Had a fantastic tournament by far the best player there. Good overall skill level and skating with a dangerous shot. Should go late first early second easily.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Fun little story on Brisson we've just thrown up.

Brisson not overshadowed by ‘Super-Agent’ dad

“Growing up, he was just simply my dad,” said Brendon, eligible for the 2020 NHL Draft. “When I was younger, like in elementary school, people would ask ‘what does your dad do?’ I didn’t even know he was a hockey agent. I would say he’s a ‘Super-Agent’, thinking he was doing some secret stuff. When I came to an age where I realized that this wasn’t really normal, like shooting pucks with Nathan MacKinnon or Sidney Crosby, was when I started to grow up a little bit.”

CapsFan819

Apr 12, 2020
Here's a solid compilation of his highlights from both his USHL and WJAC play this year... he looks like he'd be a solid late first round/early second round pick to me

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I liked his play better in a USA sweater than a Chicago sweater. He's a good player, but didn't dominate with Chicago as much as I thought he might've, given how he played at the WJAC19 and the skillset I thought he had. He initially reminded me of Zegras with how he played at the WJAC19 because of his playmaking, puck skills and skating, but his playmaking with Chicago wasn't as good as I thought. He also shot the puck a lot better than I thought, so I would say his game was more of an all-around offensive game. He has real top six offensive ability and can do some of everything offensively. I think there's a chance he can stick at center, as well. Middle of the first is the range I'd peg for him, although he might go lower because he's a late birthday on a non-NTDP USHL team, and he only played one season of junior hockey.

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com
He's intriguing @Mark Edwards where do you see him projected as? perhaps 2nd or 3rd line player? and style comparisons?

Has top 6 skill. While his skating isn't bad overall, I don't think it is is overly fantastic either, hopefully it keeps improving. Smart player which is a big key for me and he makes it look easy at times as far as his one-timers go. I've watched almost every point he's posted this year - some impressive stuff. One thing I would've liked to seen more of was more scoring in different ways, he scored a ton from the hashmarks on one-timers.

Shows some good creativity as well. Lacks in the pace department sometimes, nothing brutal but an area I'd like to see improve.

wondering where you guys have brisson ranked now, and when your rankings will be out.
thanks!

We have not had any real rankings meetings to speak of yet. I posted a long reply to a rankings question here. Can't see him sliding out of our top 31. He was 17th overall on our most recent list posted back on Jan 16th.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
is the general consensus that he'll go late first or early 2nd?

The most predictive ranks have usually been Bob McKenzie's survey of scouts, and that has him at 34. However that was last released in January as the midseason poll. There will likely be an update before any draft.

Most people have him in the late 1st/early 2nd from what I've seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad