C Brad Lambert - HIFK U20, Jr. A SM-liiga (2022 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Would sure welcome him on Team Canada, hopefully he does the right thing.

Now, I'll just sit back and wait to be attacked by the Finnish hordes here;)
Sure you would.. good player. But in Finland he has more opportunities to play in different national teams and a better chance to get to best-on-best rosters if he turns out great. Most Canadians will never have a chance.

He probably could play some junior games for Canada while he is the best 2003 born player for Finland so it's likely he is the star on the team.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Lambert would be a big loss if he would jump in to the dark side ;)
I don't know much about his family & relations but for someone who's played and lived his entire life in Finland, that would be plain weird. The only benefit for him from doing that would come out of boosting his draft stocks. The players who presents Canada have more domestic market value. Still, I'm not sure if the minor personal advantage is worth it.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
I don't know much about his family & relations but for someone who's played and lived his entire life in Finland, that would be plain weird. The only benefit for him from doing that would come out of boosting his draft stocks. The players who presents Canada have more domestic market value. Still, I'm not sure if the minor personal advantage is worth it.
He has a much better chance making Finnish rosters also.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
If I had to guess I’d say he will stay with Finland. Will be funny to see these complex and hard to pronounce (IMO) Finnish names and than just Lambert.
Finnish names are hard to pronounce right because there's no equivalent sounds to replicate most of the sounds in English.

Like how Puljujärvi is butchered daily.

Lambert would be the best Finnish superstar to come just because you could actually spell his name right :D

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Sure you would.. good player. But in Finland he has more opportunities to play in different national teams and a better chance to get to best-on-best rosters if he turns out great. Most Canadians will never have a chance.

He probably could play some junior games for Canada while he is the best 2003 born player for Finland so it's likely he is the star on the team.
I don't know about that, Finland has won 3 WJC titles this past decade, and this year they did it without 3 of their best players, Canada has only won 2 this past decade.

Right now as it stands, is it any easier to make the National Finnish squad then the Canadian one? I'd question that.

If he's as good as advertised and keeps on that track he would get all the opportunity he could handle with Canada.

There is a sweater with a Maple Leaf on it just waiting for you to put on kid, jump aboard!! We are open for business and accepting all reasonable applications.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I thought he hadn't lived and played his whole life in Finland? Wasn't there posters here talking about him playing and living in Saskatchewan for stretches?

Maybe he will play for Canada yet, we will see, his dad is Canadian so there is a real chance.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Finnish names are hard to pronounce right because there's no equivalent sounds to replicate most of the sounds in English.

Like how Puljujärvi is butchered daily.

Lambert would be the best Finnish superstar to come just because you could actually spell his name right :D
Yeah Slovak is my first language and it’s still hard to pronounce, just as I’m sure some Slovak names are hard to pronounce for Finns :thumbu:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You never know with parents.
Absolutley, but hearing that his mother is Finnish can absolutely make him go towards the Finnish side. Just because he has a North American sounding name means nothing if he was born and raised as a Finnish citizen which I guess he was. I know the Foligno brothers had an American father and Canadian mother (I believe) and each one represents the other country.

Reactions: FinPanda

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Absolutley, but hearing that his mother is Finnish can absolutely make him go towards the Finnish side. Just because he has a North American sounding name means nothing if he was born and raised as a Finnish citizen which I guess he was. I know the Foligno brothers had an American father and Canadian mother (I believe) and each one represents the other country.

It's all about opportunity. His dad is involved heavily in hockey and will likely advise him on the best place to go for his future. It will likely come down to whether his dad and him think he has a better shot at getting noticed in Finland.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Zibanejad actually speaks Finnish, unlikely Pulju who doesn't speak a word of Swedish.
Well he doesnt seem to speak english either.

Tbh it is USA who are stealing our prospects. Every year now USA has had atleast 1 player who could had played for sweden. They had two at wjc.

Last edited:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I highly doubt it's mothers influence as far as chirping things in their ear that they should play for the U.S, it's where the kid grew up in usually and with most teams in the U.S it is likely the kid is growing up in the U.S. Add to the fact that Americans always want to live in the U.S(and many Canadian players too, you can't beat the weather and their wives are usually American who always want to live in the U.S also) those kids are most likely going to be raised American.

But I highly doubt it has anything to do with Mother/son bond.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well he doesnt seem to speak english either.

Tbh it is USA who are stealing our prospects. Every year now USA has had atleast 1 player who could had played for sweden. They had two tho wjc.
Get used to that as it will only increase going forward, Canada has been dealing with it for a long time now.

You are now part of the club.

Reactions: Vesperia

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
I don't know about that, Finland has won 3 WJC titles this past decade, and this year they did it without 3 of their best players, Canada has only won 2 this past decade.

Right now as it stands, is it any easier to make the National Finnish squad then the Canadian one? I'd question that.

If he's as good as advertised and keeps on that track he would get all the opportunity he could handle with Canada.

There is a sweater with a Maple Leaf on it just waiting for you to put on kid, jump aboard!! We are open for business and accepting all reasonable applications.
If you are talented, team Finland welcomes you, no matter how young you are. Hockey Canada tends to prefer older guys and experienced players.

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

Meh, he is the best player from his age group even now and is a huge part of Finnish U16 national team. In two year (maybe already next year) he'll be stealing the spotlight in U18 tournament.

It is easier to make team Finland as there as less players to pick from than in Canada. And as an underager you have a very good chance make the teams earlier. He might play in the 2020 U18 tournament as a 2003 born player..
This guy lives and breathes Finland, I highly doubt he chooses Canada.
From all I've seen from the kid, this seems to be the case. Also his family has been very supportive when he has played for Finnish U16 team, I can't imagine them trying to get the kid play for Canada.

He has been born and raised in Finland, he has got a huge chance to play in the top junior league in Finland and if all goes well, he probably gets a chance to play in Liiga next year.

There are always a chance he'll choose Canada but it looks good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad