C Brad Lambert - Pelicans Lahti, Liiga (2022 Draft) part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Skating looks only NHL quality what Lambert has in his game.
Too often Lambert hogs a puck and won't make plays for his linemates.
Lambert in a worse is a player who kills whole effort and chemistry in his line
when he's trying to do all by himself.

Next season is huge for Lambert and i have high expectation for Brad.
Now it's a time to start working and show that Brad is worth TOP3 lottery pick.
With these showings in U18 WJC's Lambert isn't worth TOP3 pick.

If Lambert wants to go TOP3 in 2022 NHL draft he must start show some progress.
I'm sorry to say this but i wouldn't be surprised if / when Lambert regress his draft season similar
like Aatu Räty did this season.

Lambert is still 1st round pick but how long? let next season show that.
If something is certain Lambert won't challenge Shane Wright of 1st overall
no matter how he plays next year.

Lol, another great take.

David OSullivan

Oct 12, 2017
He was injured. Don't know what but he was falling a lot and not competing that hard in board battles. Something was up in this tournament. Definitely injury.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
And what a reason to play injured? To worsen your situation and still not be able to help your team?
Finland had 5 players PPG or above, Lambert was one them, so he obviously helped the team. Besides he was healthy coming in, whatever he had came at the tournament...

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Yeah, PPG, when Wright was almost 3 PPG...
Good for him, fail to see how that is anyway relevant to Lambert. Hardly comparable situations anyway, don’t see how Lambert has made his situation ”worse” by getting sick/hurt during the U18

beast mode

Oct 27, 2020
Playing with/against kids so he can adjust to NHL level hockey?

well 53% of NHL players come from the CHL I guess there’s something good there lol. Like learning to be dominant and make your wingers look good. Be a leader, become a complete asset on your team.

Reactions: hellwar9

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
well 53% of NHL players come from the CHL I guess there’s something good there lol. Like learning to be dominant and make your wingers look good. Be a leader, become a complete asset on your team.

I don't think there's anything wrong with CHL hockey, but I don't see why Lambert would move there when he has 40+ Liiga games under his belt already.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

And so it starts. Route he takes isn't going to determine when/if Lambert becomes an NHL player. Particularly since he is already playing against men. And Jyvaskyla has one of the top institutes for sport in the world. The resources to which has access rival most professional clubs - let alone CHL clubs.

Reactions: Jussi

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
His team is so atrociously bad that he's going to have to remain selfish.
If you're talking about JYP, Lambert was barely top10 player in that team. To be honest he was not physically ready for Liiga. He should be next season though I hope.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
If you're talking about JYP, Lambert was barely top10 player in that team. To be honest he was not physically ready for Liiga. He should be next season though I hope.

I doubt they will have the resources to do any major signings, so he'll have to take a bigger role ready or not.

PeterCheater

Feb 22, 2014
If you're top-rated prospect already playing in a very good league like Liiga, there's no reason to go to CHL. You can ''learn to be dominant'' and ''make your wingers look good'' in Liiga as well. Basically, the only argument is an earlier adaptation to a different culture, but that's not a case with Lambert.
Hasn't proven too much to be a top 3 pick tbh, his start of the season began decent, i have him ranked top 5 rn.
I think his production this year was one step behind his upside and skillset: he's still great prospect, but I agree that he needs to step up in his draft season to confirm his status as a top3 pick, and I understand why he gets a criticism recently.

Reactions: JAVO16 and Jussi

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
First Raty now I hope the same doesn't happen with Lambert. Pulju and Laine aren't living up to their draft positions yet either. Just like Russians perhaps these Finnish prospects need to slow cook in Finland for some time before coming over

Reactions: BigHitter67

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
200.gif

No way am I letting this goofy tournament knock my impression of Lambert. I think Wright's likely untouchable for #1, but Lambert still leads the next pack somewhat comfortably for me right now. I still see his game as a much better fit for an NHL 1C than someone like Savoie.

Lambert will need a strong Liiga season next year, as there's a talented group of players behind him, but at the moment I see very little reason for concern.

Hard to disagree with this. I think there's a point there that Wright might've distanced himself from Lambert some during this tournament, and it may not be realistic that Lambert can catch Wright for 1OA, but I find it hard to be completely pessimistic about Lambert's game.

Reactions: CairneBloodhoof

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
First Raty now I hope the same doesn't happen with Lambert. Pulju and Laine aren't living up to their draft positions yet either. Just like Russians perhaps these Finnish prospects need to slow cook in Finland for some time before coming over

Räty had an overall disappointing season. Lambert just had a bad tournament where he was playing injured. I wouldn't compare these two just yet.

Reactions: king89 and wetcoast

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Misuse of statistics.

All that stat means is that the majority of players in NHL come from Canada. That would be the case with or without CHL.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Räty had an overall disappointing season. Lambert just had a bad tournament where he was playing injured. I wouldn't compare these two just yet.
what? Lambert has had a very dissapointing season in the Liiga too, started off okay but then went invicible for many months never showing up on the scoresheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad