C Brad Lambert - Pelicans Lahti, Liiga (2022 Draft) part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Happy in the end he decided to stay in Finland, all this talk of Liiga becoming a weaker league, it is still a mens league which continues to produce NHL talent.

Reactions: murrough

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Well, guess this confirms Pelicans did not f*** up by "letting him go", looks the fault is in somewhere else.

Just doink

Mar 28, 2018
Well, guess this confirms Pelicans did not f*** up by "letting him go", looks the fault is in somewhere else.

I guess when you lose maybe best finnish prospect ever to another Liiga team, you indeed did f***ed up. What you call "fault" is in reality only a different path player chose, only loser is Pelicans.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Anyone else think it's somewhat suspect and concerning that he has moving to his third different organization over the last three seasons?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Anyone else think it's somewhat suspect and concerning that he has moving to his third different organization over the last three seasons?
What exactly is concerning about it?

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
I guess when you lose maybe best finnish prospect ever to another Liiga team, you indeed did f***ed up. What you call "fault" is in reality only a different path player chose, only loser is Pelicans.
And HIFK, apparently.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
What exactly is concerning about it?

If the clubs were in different countries it would be understandable, also in many places like Sweden ,players will move from small clubs to bigger ones and I understand that. But in Lambert's case, he has moved along three pretty well known clubs in Finland each time to get more chances at higher levels instead of staying and fighting for a spot. Lucas Raymond plays in a stacked Frolunda organization and had to earn every bit of his ice time. Podkolzin had the same struggles with SKA before his great play was too hard to ignore and he was rewarded later in the season with more icetime.

It's almost like when good ice time is not a guarantee for Lambert he moves clubs instead of fighting. His draft year is not for another couple years , he has time to learn among other pros. Maybe that's all his dad or I'm reading too much into it but it's just something I found interesting and a little strange.

Reactions: Koira666

ijuka

May 14, 2016
If the clubs were in different countries it would be understandable, also in many places like Sweden ,players will move from small clubs to bigger ones and I understand that. But in Lambert's case, he has moved along three pretty well known clubs in Finland each time to get more chances at higher levels instead of staying and fighting for a spot. Lucas Raymond plays in a stacked Frolunda organization and had to earn every bit of his ice time. Podkolzin had the same struggles with SKA before his great play was too hard to ignore and he was rewarded later in the season with more icetime.

It's almost like when good ice time is not a guarantee for Lambert he moves clubs instead of fighting. His draft year is not for another couple years , he has time to learn among other pros. Maybe that's all his dad or I'm reading too much into it but it's just something I found interesting and a little strange.
Sure, but I don't get what's concerning about it. He's not going to be UFA until he's like 26 in any case, and at this point it's very likely his dad's got very significant input on where he plays.

What I don't get is why you think it's better for one's development to get little ice time than more ice time. Take Podkolzin who you used as an example. Do you think it was better for him to play 2min per game for half a season than it would have been to get a full role for the team from much earlier on? I doubt it.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Sure, but I don't get what's concerning about it. He's not going to be UFA until he's like 26 in any case, and at this point it's very likely his dad's got very significant input on where he plays.

What I don't get is why you think it's better for one's development to get little ice time than more ice time. Take Podkolzin who you used as an example. Do you think it was better for him to play 2min per game for half a season than it would have been to get a full role for the team from much earlier on? I doubt it.

For sure getting ice time is important but there are many youngsters that age not getting much ice time in the pros and still developing well. Lambert is also only 16 where juniors is the norm for his age. In SKA Podzolzin is among many talented older players where even practices are great learning opportunities. Podkolzin could have moved to a weaker KHL team to get ice time it would have been fine and good for him instead he stayed and earned his keep. For Lambert move two, three times within a few years it's like he's never satisfied. Still hopes he develops well though and becomes a key player for Finland.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
For sure getting ice time is important but there are many youngsters that age not getting much ice time in the pros and still developing well. Lambert is also only 16 where juniors is the norm for his age. In SKA Podzolzin is among many talented older players where even practices are great learning opportunities. Podkolzin could have moved to a weaker KHL team to get ice time it would have been fine and good for him instead he stayed and earned his keep. For Lambert move two, three times within a few years it's like he's never satisfied. Still hopes he develops well though and becomes a key player for Finland.
Two, three times? It's two times.

In Pelicans, he said the reason he left is because of the coach Yli-Junnila. I'm not sure what was going on between the two of them, but Pelicans essentially chose him over Lambert if they couldn't play on the same team. That's why he left. As for HIFK, it was an odd development move to begin with, as Pikkarainen isn't really a good development coach, and he wouldn't really have any allegiance to HIFK in the first place. I mean, it was quite likely he was going to move after this season after the contract details came out a year ago.

Bearr

Dec 31, 2015
The biggest difference with JYP and HIFK is that JYP can't afford to buy star players. Esp. not in this current economic situation. He'll have a better chance to break into the starting lineup. HIFK will stack theirs, come August/September.

I'm doubtful he's been promised all THAT much more than in Helsinki, at least in terms of 'guaranteed' icetime, but he'll certainly have a better chance of redeeming that icetime.

Kiekura

Oct 6, 2013
JYP has already said that they didn't promise Lambert anything. If he wants to play in Liiga and top lines, he needs to earn it.

Lambert himself Said exactly same thing. He knows he needs to work hard and earn that spot.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
JYP has already said that they didn't promise Lambert anything. If he wants to play in Liiga and top lines, he needs to earn it.

Lambert himself Said exactly same thing. He knows he needs to work hard and earn that spot.
Yeah, i think he will, aslong as his teammates are not hogging the puck too much, when i watched his 3 game trial with HIFK he got played with 2 Forwards who refused to feed him the puck every single time Lambert went speeding open for a pass through the neutral zone, it was kinda frustrating to watch tbh, he still managed to get a couple apples though.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't know if IFK has anything going on with Mestis, but JYP certainly has a good program with KeuPa there, and Keuruu is also very close to Jyväskylä. So I can imagine that the options for his development are quite good at JYP now that you start to think about it. If does not make the team, they can easily put him to Mestis to play with men anyway, if he's physically good enough.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland

But did they promise something to his dad? I have heard that he will start working for the JYP organisation, which is not a bad thing at all.

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Wait, there's a Finn named Brad Lambert?

He's a descendant of Canadians who moved to Finland in the begining of the 19th century. Finland was a part of Russian Empire back to then, so those Canadians learnt a Russian traditional winter game with sticks and balls, and then some of them slightly changed it, when returned back to Canada, and called it hockey...

Reactions: Ranger Spice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad