C Benjamin Baumgartner - HC Davos, NLA (2020, 161st, NJD)

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
2000 born center so he’s still eligible for this years draft.

Baumgartner is an Austrian center who is currently playing for HC Davos in the NLA. Last year he split time between the NLA, NLB and the Swiss Junior league. Baumgartner has stepped into a much larger role this season with Davos, recording 25 points in 31 games. He also represented Austria at the Div-1A WJC, recording a leading 11 points in 5 games.
Benjamin Baumgartner at eliteprospects.com

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Never seen him play prior to this year, but he's really jumped out for me. Very creative, dangerous forward, and a slick, shifty skater.

It's a shame Austria got demoted from the top division at the WC, it would have been nice to see him there. Because of that, he might just be a bit too much off the radar to get drafted this season, but well worth a late round gamble.

librarianviking

Jan 15, 2019
Playing well in Davos, big improvement from last year and had a fantastic WJC D1A, top scorer in the tournament (11pts in 5 games)

Newfoundland

Jun 19, 2016
Newfoundland
Never seen him play prior to this year, but he's really jumped out for me. Very creative, dangerous forward, and a slick, shifty skater.

It's a shame Austria got demoted from the top division at the WC, it would have been nice to see him there. Because of that, he might just be a bit too much off the radar to get drafted this season, but well worth a late round gamble.
I'm sure a significant percentage of the 2018 draft would have the same season he had in the NLA.

tcat84

Sep 15, 2014
I'm sure a significant percentage of the 2018 draft would have the same season he had in the NLA.

Baumgartner put up 27 pts in 37 gp this year, turned 20 in April.

Matthews was a year and 5 months younger and put up 46 pts in 36 gp.

Josi was roughly the same age and put up 21 pts in 26 gp.

Those are the only comparisons that can be made and just cause the NLA is a weaker league it's still a men's league and those numbers aren't bad.

No one is saying this guy is a 1st rd pick, but taking him in the 6th or 7th is definitely worth the gamble over someone who struggled in a Jr. League and you're betting purely on potential

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Baumgartner put up 27 pts in 37 gp this year, turned 20 in April.

Matthews was a year and 5 months younger and put up 46 pts in 36 gp.

Josi was roughly the same age and put up 21 pts in 26 gp.

Those are the only comparisons that can be made and just cause the NLA is a weaker league it's still a men's league and those numbers aren't bad.

No one is saying this guy is a 1st rd pick, but taking him in the 6th or 7th is definitely worth the gamble over someone who struggled in a Jr. League and you're betting purely on potential
The NLA is not a "weaker league".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad