C Barrett Hayton (2018, 5th, ARZ)

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Eh, based on the Gurianov pick (picking a late rising Russian), there is precedence for them to pick Kravtsov. Though you could also argue Faksa is precedence for Hayton.

I could make up anything and say it's precedence.. you need to see something happen consistently to predict it will happen again.

Are we going to pick a huge defenseman because we took Oleksiak?

Are we going to pick a high school forward because we took Tufte?

Are we going to pick a Russian because we took Gurianov?

Are we going to pick a puck moving defenseman because we took Honka?

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I could make up anything and say it's precedence.. you need to see something happen consistently to predict it will happen again.

Are we going to pick a huge defenseman because we took Oleksiak?

Are we going to pick a high school forward because we took Tufte?

Are we going to pick a Russian because we took Gurianov?

Are we going to pick a puck moving defenseman because we took Honka?
Well I think its settled Dallas first round pick will be a huge puck moving defenseman drafted out of a Russian Highschool.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
The point totals don’t look good but he looks very dynamic in his highlights. Don’t know much about hayton. Should we expect s huge jump in production next year?

Reactions: Bfantz

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Can see him developing a lil later then most and then next year or after be considered a riser in redrafts

Reactions: 99664987

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Maybe it’s just me but I see a lot of Josh Bailey (center version) in him. Bailey was also a last second riser in his draft year , and I can see Hayton making a similiar jump.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Would any teams fans picking in the top be happy selecting him?

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I don't know why, he reminds me a bit of Lazar in his junior days (of course he didn't turn out as we thought he would and I'm expecting a better outcome from Hayton.

I don't see a high upside nor speed. I see good hands and shot, two-way game and grittiness.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
The point totals don’t look good but he looks very dynamic in his highlights. Don’t know much about hayton. Should we expect s huge jump in production next year?
Yes , definately . He was on a stacked team with older players and played mostly 3rd Line defensive role up until late in the year . During the playoffs he was the greyhounds best player in my opinion . Il go ahead and say he gets 90 plus next year .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->