C Barrett Hayton (2018, 5th, ARZ)

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
He reminds me a bit of Bo Horvat in terms of his North-south style who goes to the net, backchecks, and can bring some offense with a heavy shot. I’m not convinced he has the same kind of offensive upside as Horvat does, but I think next season will be more indicative of his upside as an NHLer given the larger role he’s in line to get next season.

Peeps

May 24, 2017
The more deep he goes into the playoffs I think the more he can rise come June. Seem like a safe pick. Like L.Andersson last year.

Peeps

May 24, 2017
Does anyone know on what line he plays on 5v5? Also if he sees time on the PP and PK. Thanks.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Does anyone know on what line he plays on 5v5? Also if he sees time on the PP and PK. Thanks.
5-5 he has been mostly with Jack Kopacka and a rookie Ryan Roth. Team is struggling against Kitchener, so lines are being tinkered with.
Hayton has been on the #1 PK for playoffs, and net front on the #1 pp.
Being put in for most key defensive faceoffs.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
This kid needs more hype. Only 2 pages? His stats are not great but he's on a loaded team with older players who get the big minutes.

The goal tonight:

And he had this snipe on Thursday:

Reactions: Peeps

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Lately he’s been centering the second line playing with Taylor raddysh a lot and yes he gets both pp and pk time . Also very strong at face offs .

Reactions: 99664987

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
The intriguing thing about Hayton is that his ceiling is still unknown. It is pretty rare that a prospect of his calibre gets stuck in the middle-6 of a powerhouse team. Seems like an easy candidate for being a big riser in 2018 re-drafts next year.

Reactions: 99664987

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The intriguing thing about Hayton is that his ceiling is still unknown. It is pretty rare that a prospect of his calibre gets stuck in the middle-6 of a powerhouse team. Seems like an easy candidate for being a big riser in 2018 re-drafts next year.
Happened to Christian Dvorak. That and injuries. It’s why he “fell” to AZ in the 2nd (it was actually viewed as a reach and Arizona was criticized by many for the selection at the time). He exploded offensively the next year.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I have a feeling Frost will be back next season, so im not to sure if he would see an offensive production explosion.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
great IQ and work ethic. obviously the offensive ceiling hasn't been the highest, but one of my favorite centers for this draft. kid is consistent, works hard, and isn't afraid of the dirty areas - players like that always find a way to the Show...he should go around that 12-18 range, can see him maybe even go top 10 with it being a average draft at center..

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I bet he goes 14 to Philly
If a team is gonna take him in the first half, you'd think it's be Philly. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of him, doesn't really have any skills that wow me whenever I watch him. I'd rather gamble on a player like Kravtsov with higher upside.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad