C Barrett Hayton (2018, 5th, ARZ)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
A recent high pick in the OHL draft and had a very impressive performance at the Hlinka tournament for Canada. Hayton had a good rookie year and is someone to watch out for in this years draft. He has good size and a pretty well rounded game already as well as being on a good team which should help his draft stock. I'll be seeing plenty of him this upcoming year

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=317885

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Surprised he doesn't get more hype as a Button favorite. He's doing well as the Soo keep rolling to 23 straight wins without some of their big guns away at WJC. 8 points in his last 5 games.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Surprised he doesn't get more hype as a Button favorite. He's doing well as the Soo keep rolling to 23 straight wins without some of their big guns away at WJC. 8 points in his last 5 games.
I haven't watched Soo recently, but stats wise, I realized in that same time frame he is taking significantly fewer faceoffs. Has Hayton been slotted into Katchouk's spot in Katchouk's absence?

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
I haven't watched Soo recently, but stats wise, I realized in that same time frame he is taking significantly fewer faceoffs. Has Hayton been slotted into Katchouk's spot in Katchouk's absence?
Yes, mostly playing the wing right now. More ice time has helped.

Still stuck in the awkward middle spot on the pp. I'd like to see what he can do on the half wall.

As always, key penalty killer.

This kid is a player.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
He’s been playing wing next to Frost of late due to absences. Frost makes his linemates better and has been integral to Hayton looking more noticeable, along with just shifting to wing. I’ve figured him to be a future winger, so that part doesn’t surprise me.

I’ve watched a lot of Soo, and he’s been disappointing to me, but he has looked better with the change. Now whether that’s more him or Frost or both is debatable, though I’m not exactly hiding where my opinion lies. He’s still been a bit inconsistent or casual shift to shift in the few games I’ve seen of late, but certainly less so. There’s a good player with hands and compete in there, which is why he’s bugged me.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
this kid is good, I am a big fan of his two way play - if the Hawks could move up and get him with that Preds pick they got, this is the kid I would target.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
this kid is good, I am a big fan of his two way play - if the Hawks could move up and get him with that Preds pick they got, this is the kid I would target.
If I had to make a prediction, I'd say Detroit is in on this guy. They're a candidate to end up around 9/10, when all the defensemen are gone, and this guy is everything they love in a player. If he has a good interview, they won't be able to resist. I know that's too high for him, but this is Detroit we're talking about. They get mancrushes and then they can't think straight. It wouldn't be a Detroit draft unless they took somebody way too high.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If I had to make a prediction, I'd say Detroit is in on this guy. They're a candidate to end up around 9/10, when all the defensemen are gone, and this guy is everything they love in a player. If he has a good interview, they won't be able to resist. I know that's too high for him, but this is Detroit we're talking about. They get mancrushes and then they can't think straight. It wouldn't be a Detroit draft unless they took somebody way too high.

I have him in the 10-13 range as well...my hope is the Hawks can package that Predators first round pick, hopefully it isn't higher than #20 and pair it with Anisimov and move up in that range to get this kid...I think he is going to be one of the best players taken in this draft - his IQ and work ethic are unparalleled for his position.

Peeps

May 24, 2017
A safe bet selection in the 1st round?

''He may lack any elite level attributes, but he is above average across the board '' - Dobber

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
The kid is really impressive. And not to nit-pick, but on the highlighted goal above, I'm sure some won't like the hot-doggery in a 7-0 game. But what was Davis doing on D? I hope he bought a ticket.

TLP

Apr 9, 2018
Solid instincts, plays on a powerhouse.
Lots of pp opportunity but gets results.
Good at many things, not particularly great at any one thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->