C Auston Matthews - USNTDP, USHL (2016 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
I don't think he's considering Sweden or Finland, but it would be interesting to see how he performs in those leagues compared to other draft eligible players in the past few years.

I thought he was considering Sweden and Finland? I certainly wouldn't mind him coming to Liiga, he could go 1-on-1 with Puljujärvi, Laine and even Juolevi (assuming he'll be loaned to some team).

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I thought he was considering Sweden and Finland? I certainly wouldn't mind him coming to Liiga, he could go 1-on-1 with Puljujärvi, Laine and even Juolevi (assuming he'll be loaned to some team).

Oh maybe he is, I just haven't heard anything. Either way, it would be cool to see whether he puts up, say, about 8ish points like a lot of 17/18 year olds, or whether he can be one of the better point producers, or maybe somewhere in the middle.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Oh maybe he is, I just haven't heard anything. Either way, it would be cool to see whether he puts up, say, about 8ish points like a lot of 17/18 year olds, or whether he can be one of the better point producers, or maybe somewhere in the middle.

Old news but this was reported a while back, so maybe.

Almost 100% Auston Matthews is headed to Europe, not WHL or NCAA.. News is teams from Sweden, Finland may have joined Zurich in the bidding.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/auston-matthews-to-play-next-season-in-europe/

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
It would be cool to see Matthews here, but Liiga teams pretty much have their rosters locked up for next season already. Mostly just depth positions left.

Plausible, but unlikely.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
It will be interesting to see if other highly touted NA prospects will follow is footsteps and play pro in Europe if it works out for him. He could end up being a bit of a trailblazer that way.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
I'm interested in what this might mean for his development post draft. It might make more sense for him to play an additional year, even if he is on the level of a MacKinnon or an Eichel.

sharpeye97

Aug 8, 2013
Best thing about this is he will be able to play in the AHL after being drafted if he does not start in the NHL

stavs*

Oct 11, 2010
Toronto
Glad my leafs will be in contention for Matthews news year. Don't see us getting worse than top 5 in next years draft

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Wouldn't it make it so much easier for scouts should he play in the same league as Puljujärvi.:sarcasm:

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
Such a garbage that he won't get a work permit in Switzerland..
Sometimes the laws in our country are very very stupid!

Players like Matthews cannot come to play in Switzerland other foreign people can come to Switzerland just to hang around....... :rant::shakehead:madfire:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad