C Antoine Morand (2017, 60th, ANA, traded to TBL; traded to SJS)

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
People are talking about Comtois on here as a top pick for 2017 but Morand is on that level too. He has 24 points now in 24 games as a 16 year old on a bad team, and is in the mould of a Drouin type player.

I can really see him making a push for top 5-10 in 2017, just insane skill.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
I like him a lot. Just an outstanding skater with a great compete level. Tremendous skill but also a very tenacious forechecker. 5'9" and should grow a little more. Definitely looking like a first round pick.

For the record, Comtois and Morand played together for years as they are from the same area (Bantam AAA, Midget AAA, etc.).

Button definitely sees him as a potential first round pick : http://www.tsn.ca/get-to-know-them-patrick-liljegren-in-2017-1.389307

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
Morand was picked by Acadie-Bathurst over Comtois for a reason (at least by the club because Comtois is also exceptional), I am really enjoying his production there too. He's been getting better as the year's going along, and has reached ppg maybe if I am getting this right, he is one of two 1999 born players to be ppg at the moment in the CHL along with Comtois.

QMJHL says he's 5'9 at the moment, so hopefully he will grow a few inches over the next few years, and also since Bathurst has a good chance of missing the playoffs this year, Morand might be given a look at the u-18 team.

wein

Jul 2, 2013
Morand was picked by Acadie-Bathurst over Comtois for a reason (at least by the club because Comtois is also exceptional), I am really enjoying his production there too. He's been getting better as the year's going along, and has reached ppg maybe if I am getting this right, he is one of two 1999 born players to be ppg at the moment in the CHL along with Comtois.

QMJHL says he's 5'9 at the moment, so hopefully he will grow a few inches over the next few years, and also since Bathurst has a good chance of missing the playoffs this year, Morand might be given a look at the u-18 team.

Bathurst has been improving quite a bit as the year goes on. I doubt they miss the playoffs since only two teams don't make it and Halifax is likely selling a bit this year. They will likely lose in the first round though so I think he would still be able to be considered for the team.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Him and Comtois carried their Bantam and Midget teams to provincial ships. That whole Grenadiers club is very well run and coached, they will start to churn out talent. It's probably one of the best in Quebec right now, maybe the best.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Only reason Morand was drafted Higher is Comptois might be in the NHL at 18 or 19 and will miss WJC time etc and at junior level they are around same talent production Wise.

Morand smaller stature make him a future 2nd-3rd rounder while Max is top 3 prospect material

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Put morand or comtois on st johns sea dog and you get about 20-30% better point production than what they are already producing now

Scary good potential

:yo:

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
I would take him late 1st in this draft.

Due to size and not putting up crazy numbers (although every time I see him he is a standout with his offensive skill), I would not be surprised to see him drop to the late 2nd or maybe even early 3rd.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If Abramov could go in the 3rd round, so could Morand.

Who knows but Morand has Canadian factor going for him, and he plays a sturdier/more physical game than Abramov. Plus he's a center......at least for now. Also, I think the 2nd drops off sooner this year, so even if he slips because of size, it might not be to the 3rd.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Looking really good for Halifax, I think he will surprise some people whenever he makes the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad