C Aliaksei (Alexei) Protas - Prince Albert Raiders, WHL (2019, 91st, WSH)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Had an assist last night, on a 9 game point streak currently.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I was expecting Alistrov to put up bigger numbers between these two WHL imports but Protas seems to be killing it. 6'5" with numbers like that will make scouts take a look.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I was expecting Alistrov to put up bigger numbers between these two WHL imports but Protas seems to be killing it. 6'5" with numbers like that will make scouts take a look.

Looks like he found some really good chemistry with 99-born Brett Leason who is putting up 2 PPG.

I believe he is playing on the 1st line on his wing most nights.

A little surprised Alistrov hasn’t produced better yet, maybe he will catch on soon.

su24

Sep 30, 2017
He scored a hat-trick and assist tonight in 4:0 win. He stepped up big time when the series was tied 2:2 and those 20 years old guys like Leason, Gregor, Kelly and Hannoun couldn't do much.
Looked like the best player on the best WHL team. He's also tied for 2nd in the WHL playoffs goals now.

Reactions: Acadien86

su24

Sep 30, 2017
And then Protas scores twice in the 1st period of game 6. He's a leading goal scorer in the WHL play-offs now.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Back to back hattricks against the Oil Kings and still a period to go in this one. :thumbu:

su24

Sep 30, 2017

Dingman was almost 20 at the moment and was drafted 19th overall 2 years prior to that. I'm wondering who was the last player to score a back-to-back hat-tricks in the CHL playoffs in his draft year?
And how did Protas get that nick-name: The Viper?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
He's a good player, but I personally prefer Alistrov for the Oil Kings if I was going to compare the two Belorussians. Protas is very raw and isn't a super good skater. He's big, but doesn't really overly use his size. Has nice vision and playmaking, but wouldn't say he's top notch. Likes to go to the dirty areas, but doesn't have an amazing shot. However, he's super consistent at being noticeable in games and I guess that's what counts for the scouts. Don't think he would be as good as he is on a team as loaded as the Raiders are. He's playing great at the moment, but he has a lot of growing and work to do before he becomes an NHL player.

Reactions: kabidjan18

johnnydrum

Oct 17, 2006
United Kingdom
Love the Capitals picking this kid.
some clips of his interview, seems a very likeable chap!
Would like to know from the PA fans about him.
Did I read that he had shifted from Centre to Wing?
I was blown away by his Playoff scoring?
Did he just decide to shoot more?
How excited are Raiders fans on his return to the WHL for year 2? He could put up Monstrous numbers!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->