C Aliaksei (Alexei) Protas - Prince Albert Raiders, WHL (2019, 91st, WSH)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Total domination. Not talking about the points, which he has scored with 1.71 ppg average.
Sucks that Caps didn't take the same risk with Protas, what Jets did with Heinola. Protas had a great preseason.
- would of been nice to see what he could of done this season for the Caps

- A pro level player playing in the juniors -

Man, Belarus have some serious young talent brewing.

C Aliaksei Protas, LW Vladimir Alistrov, C Ilya Usov in the WHL
LD Ilya Solovyov, RW Yevgeni Oksentyuk, LD Vladislav Kolyachonok in the OHL
RD Vladislav Yeryomenko, RW Igor Martynov, LD Dmitri Deryabin, LW/RW Ivan Drozdov, RW Ilya Kazyanov in the KHL

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
I like to watch him congratulate his line mates when they score, fatherly putting his arms around them. With his age and his size, looks pretty comical.

Kearns

Too good to be true, no?
Jun 7, 2008
Kamloops, BC
The knock on Aliaksei (from what I know) was that his skating needed work in all aspects. I have not been able to see him so far this year. I did catch some highlights from Washington preseason. For those that are seeing the Raiders this year so far, is his skating looking improved over last year's season/postseason?

su24

Sep 30, 2017
He looks like a daddy bear playing with his cubs.
PAR just released that Russian guy and traded for the 3rd Belarusian (Daniil Stepanov from Moose Joe). Protas makes roster decisions and collects his countrymen around to build the middle for the Belarus national team for upcoming 15 years? All of them are centers born in 2001. Usau also scored and took 19 face-offs in the last game.

Man, Belarus have some serious young talent brewing.
C Aliaksei Protas, LW Vladimir Alistrov, C Ilya Usov in the WHL
LD Ilya Solovyov, RW Yevgeni Oksentyuk, LD Vladislav Kolyachonok in the OHL
RD Vladislav Yeryomenko, RW Igor Martynov, LD Dmitri Deryabin, LW/RW Ivan Drozdov, RW Ilya Kazyanov in the KHL
They also have young Sushko and Sharangovich, both are signed to an NHL contracts and play in the AHL now.
Drozdov didn't impress Craig Woodcroft and plays in Belarus Extraleague now. And that's Kazyanin, not Kazyanov. The Kazyanin-Protas-Alistrov line was great at the u-18 WHC a couple years ago.

Last edited:

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
Considering everyone mentions his size when discussing him I was surprised to see 0 PIMs for the year... only 4 PIMs for 61gms last year... can anyone provide some insight? How is his physicality in-game?

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
Taken from the Capitals' board:

Pronman: Biggest risers from the 2019 NHL Draft
Aliaksei Protas, C, Washington
Drafted: No. 91 overall
Protas is the top early riser from the 2019 draft. He’s been a leading scorer in the WHL, second in the league as of this writing. It’s not just his points that intrigue, though. It’s the vision, shot and size I saw last season; coupled with more confidence with the puck, a more well-rounded game where he attacks the middle and plays tough minutes, and a much-improved skating stride. I thought his skating was fringe pro quality last season; Prince Albert’s coach Marc Habscheid called it almost NHL quality when I talked to him a few weeks ago. I know some scouts who disagree with that, but it’s clear he’s made strides in that area, which has led to his significant improvement as a prospect.

MCI Center

Jul 28, 2009
anyone have any other input as to Protas' performance and develop in Prince George this year? Been quite excited about everything I've read and heard on him, but have been trying to see what he projects as. Seems like he could be a great second-line playmaking winger or just a do-it-all center if he's got the range and face-off ability.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Ye I like him a lot. He kind of reminds me a bit of Brock Nelson from the videos I have seen of him.

Would also like to hear more from Prince George watchers...

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Went to watch the Blades/Raiders game. The Blades won 6-3, but Protas was clearly the best player on both teams. He's got an awkward stride, but he makes things happen whenever he's on the ice.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->