C Alexandre Texier - KalPa, Liiga (2017, 45th, CBJ)

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Very interesting stats, not a lot of players perform Under 20 in that league and at 17, he is having a very nice season. Solid WJC-1A tournament, too. Plus he is born September 13th, so one of the youngest eligible players, just making the cut. Had he been born 2 days later, he would have been eligible only in 2018.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
If he stays in Europe, Switzerland seems like a good route to take for next year. It's a higher level and French is spoken there as well. He may also choose to come to NA in the CHL. The Q would be ideal based on language, but another leagues team may choose him.

Newfoundland

Jun 19, 2016
Newfoundland
Very interesting stats, not a lot of players perform Under 20 in that league and at 17, he is having a very nice season. Solid WJC-1A tournament, too. Plus he is born September 13th, so one of the youngest eligible players, just making the cut. Had he been born 2 days later, he would have been eligible only in 2018.

If he was born 2 days earlier it would have helped him a lot imo

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Would be interesting to see him in the Q. Have no idea how good his numbers are in the France league. Doesn't seem like many younger guys produce there though, but maybe that's more because of a lack of young talent overall in the french hockey system.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
How good is the French league anyways?

Probably right around Denmark/Slovakia/Belarus. I'd say the best best players in France could likely cut it in the Germany/Czech leagues as productive players. The top-tier players could be Top6 forwards in the ECHL too.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Probably right around Denmark/Slovakia/Belarus. I'd say the best best players in France could likely cut it in the Germany/Czech leagues as productive players. The top-tier players could be Top6 forwards in the ECHL too.
This assessment doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The German and Czech leagues require significantly more skill than the top 6 in the ECHL, they generally draw from strong or average AHL players, or average players from the SHL/KHL, and the DEL especially is a heavy import league so teams will have almost half a team of imports. Depends on what productive is of course but they wouldn't be productive enough to be worth noting. I wouldn't read into a player like Chinouard, performance tends to have regressed exponentially by 35 and the DEL is stronger than where it was say 5 years ago.

Season is 2/3 done, Texier started out really hot but has cooled, 15 in 28 still not bad of course. As I said before reminds me of the Rudolfs Balcers situation but I suspect Balcers is slightly better.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
This assessment doesn't make a whole lot of sense. The German and Czech leagues require significantly more skill than the top 6 in the ECHL, they generally draw from strong or average AHL players, or average players from the SHL/KHL, and the DEL especially is a heavy import league so teams will have almost half a team of imports. Depends on what productive is of course but they wouldn't be productive enough to be worth noting. I wouldn't read into a player like Chinouard, performance tends to have regressed exponentially by 35 and the DEL is stronger than where it was say 5 years ago.

Yea, sorry about that. I should've been clearer. There's a reason why I used the words "top6" and "productive separately. Obviously the Czech/German leagues are better than the ECHL.

Season is 2/3 done, Texier started out really hot but has cooled, 15 in 28 still not bad of course. As I said before reminds me of the Rudolfs Balcers situation but I suspect Balcers is slightly better.

This is along what I was thinking of too (the Blacers situation is comparable). Do you think Texier is CHL bound?

Last edited:

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
This is along what I was thinking of too (the Blacers situation is comparable). Do you think Texier is CHL bound?
I sure hope. I feel like Balcers wasted a year staying in Norway, his clip actually declined. I'm sure he has an agent. I would think his agent would be able to get him on a CHL team unless he got a more attractive offer from say a Swiss/Swedish club, or Texier himself really wishes to stay in Grenoble (bad idea, Alex if you're reading this don't do it!). But I'm pretty sure if he was offered to a few CHL teams one of them would pick him up, probably in the first round too.

letsgocaps

Apr 5, 2008
FRANCE
I watched him play the first couple of month and thought he looked really good. He is big, strong on the puck and has soft hands. He has cooled off recently, and I remember an interview of his coach sometime in December saying that he was tired, not used to play that much.

Also Grenoble is arguably the best team in the league and runs 4 lines, he probably plays less minutes now, I know he was there on the PP at first, I don't know if he still is. I read somewhere he should go to the CHL next year and stayed in Grenoble this year because he wanted to graduate in France.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Some input on Texier.

France Ligue Magnus (top league) plays 44 games for the 1st time ever. Nobody in France is used to play that much. Kids on U16 or U18 or U22 teams play only 24 games, so 44 is a big jump.

Texier scored a hat trick on his 1st game. He cooled of, but still, we never saw a kid that good at this age in France.

He played in the D1A U20 WJC and finished 5th of tournament in scoring and 2nd in passing. 5GP, 1G and 7A.
http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/591/IHM5910FRA_83_5_0_FRA.pdf

In League, 32GP, 8G+8A. We don't have a lot of 17-year old in this championship. He's gonna be rookie of the year, no doubt about it.

Texier will play with the France National Team a 4-teams tournament (7th-12th february). Youngest of course, going with U20 partner Gabin Ville, also draft eligible, who finished U20 WJC with 12 pts in 5 games.

Finally, Texier is ranked 39th by the CBS on the Euro list.

He'll graduate in june then wants to go to Canada next season.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Any footage?

Unfortunately, no.
But you may find France-Austria this saturday somewhere.

Where's he projected to go? And who does he play like?
Given the league, after the 4th round seems already a good thing, but who knows. If he makes the World championship team in may, or has a good showing in U18 D1, maybe higher...

Reminds me a bit of Pavelski from the footage I've seen. Interesting player.
Could be a decent comparison, yes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->