C Alexander Khovanov - Metallurg Zhlobin, Belarus (2018, 86th, MIN released)

HackeyFanz

Dec 8, 2017
It will interesting to see how he performs in the QMJHL Playoffs. See if he can raise his game to another level.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Did not performed as I would have liked to in the playoff, he is dropping in my ranking, used to be a late 2nd rounder, now is probably more of a mid 3rd rounder. Seems like a risky limited size top6 or bust type of prospect, he is skilled but his skills aren't off the chart, teams usually rightfully avoid that type of players in the early rounds.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Kid's built like a tank. It's a damn shame he came down with illness and injury, I think he would've torched the Q. The fact that he put up almost a PPG after missing 6 months due to illness and playing against everyone who was in prime form in the middle of the season should say a lot about his potential.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
Watching the Mooseheads play Wildcats right now and this kid is class. Always in the right spot, good vision and passing and his shot ain't too shabby either. Could be a absolute steal!

Reactions: BHD and Mrb1p

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
when i saw him at the wild's summer camp he almost had the play of the game. there was a 6 player pile up along the boards and he came away with the puck however when he was 10 feet from the goalie the puck rolled off his stick and never got a point blank shot. i think hes got skill and just needs time get comfortable. man am i licking my chops in 2 years hopefully the wilds 3rd line kaprizov / khovanov / sokolov!

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
when i saw him at the wild's summer camp he almost had the play of the game. there was a 6 player pile up along the boards and he came away with the puck however when he was 10 feet from the goalie the puck rolled off his stick and never got a point blank shot. i think hes got skill and just needs time get comfortable. man am i licking my chops in 2 years hopefully the wilds 3rd line kaprizov / khovanov / sokolov!
While it's hard not to think about the possibility of an all Russian line in a few years,I do think there's one big issue.What do KK,AK & DS all have in common?None are great skaters,which is kind of ironic seeing as Russians are usually elite skaters.I honestly can't see all 3 being NHL regulars,much less playing on the same line.Creativity and chemistry can only get you so far,in today's NHL you need to be able to skate.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
well prime vanek & staal are good goal scorers who aren't land speed record holders. I value speed however scoring from a quality shot , high IQ & ability to stick handle inside a phone booth are not bad skills to have.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
While it's hard not to think about the possibility of an all Russian line in a few years,I do think there's one big issue.What do KK,AK & DS all have in common?None are great skaters,which is kind of ironic seeing as Russians are usually elite skaters.I honestly can't see all 3 being NHL regulars,much less playing on the same line.Creativity and chemistry can only get you so far,in today's NHL you need to be able to skate.
Kaprizov not a great skater? Come again...

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He's not fast, and it ptobably means not a great skater by NHL standarts.
As thoroughly discussed in the skating threads skating is way more than straight forward speed. And even at that he is definitely not "not fast". Just because the KHL game doesn't require constant north-south rushes doesn't mean he is not fast. His skating is really good(or he would not be able to be the playe he is. One of his best assets is gaining position in dangerous areas) and fast. Look at Datsyuk. He never looked fast, but would skate away from the D if need be.

Reactions: Patrik Barkov

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
I watched the Moncton Rimouski game today. Khovanov got the 1st star of the game. He had the winning goal in the third period. Clutch player. Good vision. He was being lined up for hits by the Rimouski players all game.

I thought he looked good though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->