C Alexander Khovanov - Metallurg Zhlobin, Belarus (2018, 86th, MIN released)

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
Much like Liljegren last year and Barzal 2 years back Khovanov seems like a crafty pickup as you can correlate his lack of performance and fatigue to his sickness.

All rights should go top 15, likely will go top 20. I really want him on the Jets.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Much like Liljegren last year and Barzal 2 years back Khovanov seems like a crafty pickup as you can correlate his lack of performance and fatigue to his sickness.

All rights should go top 15, likely will go top 20. I really want him on the Jets.

I actually think he'll slip pretty heavily. At this point likely to the 2nd. But I almost guarantee every team that passed on him will regret it.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I actually think he'll slip pretty heavily. At this point likely to the 2nd. But I almost guarantee every team that passed on him will regret it.
I wouldn't be shocked if he goes third round or later.

It's a smart risk to take though for whoever picks him up.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
He's a prime candidate for our Jets, eh? ;)

Once again, this is a player with just a fabulous mind. Great hands, nice speed.

Reactions: Daximus

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He's a prime candidate for our Jets, eh? ;)

Once again, this is a player with just a fabulous mind. Great hands, nice speed.

There are a lot of interesting guys we could target it the 2nd. The Jets haven't drafted a lot of Russians though. Maybe one and he isn't coming over. They seem to love Americans, especially from Michigan and Minnesota and Finns.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Seen him play four times now and will see him a fifth time on the weekend. So far from what I've seen he takes a lot of selfish penalties that leaves his team in a hole. It looks like he only wants to play on the power play. He looks to me like a late 3rd or 4th rounder. There's more complete players in the draft. I'd let him slide to someone else and wouldn't take a chance on him before then.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Seen him play four times now and will see him a fifth time on the weekend. So far from what I've seen he takes a lot of selfish penalties that leaves his team in a hole. It looks like he only wants to play on the power play. He looks to me like a late 3rd or 4th rounder. There's more complete players in the draft. I'd let him slide to someone else and wouldn't take a chance on him before then.

Khovanov falling to the NSH 2nd round pick (and therefore becoming part of the Duchene trade) would be my dream scenario.

Make it happen!

This draft is really deep well into the 2nd round IMO.

But if you can land a talent like Khovanov late in the 2nd round pick , you say thank you and run away.

He hasn't been on the ice for half a year or so and was in the conversation for a potential top10 talent before the season.

He is doing about as well as one can expect after coming back after such a long break while also having to adjust to a new country and the smaller ice.

Very worthwhile gamble to take IMO...
Early contender for biggest draft steal already IMO if he really drops that far.

And we are still 5 months away from the draft taking place :D

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Khovanov falling to the NSH 2nd round pick (and therefore becoming part of the Duchene trade) would be my dream scenario.

Make it happen!

This draft is really deep well into the 2nd round IMO.

But if you can land a talent like Khovanov late in the 2nd round pick , you say thank you and run away.

He hasn't been on the ice for half a year or so and was in the conversation for a potential top10 talent before the season.

He is doing about as well as one can expect after coming back after such a long break while also having to adjust to a new country and the smaller ice.

Very worthwhile gamble to take IMO...
Early contender for biggest draft steal already IMO if he really drops that far.

And we are still 5 months away from the draft taking place :D
They should call Nashville and ask them who they'd take in that spot. Lol

Reactions: cgf and JoemAvs

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
He's 3+10 after 16 games. Not that bad for a 17-year old kid, who's just recently recovered from hepatitis.

Yeah, actually I have an impression that often people just forget that it is different from just an injury. I mean, if you hurt your knee, you still can keep yourself in shape by training the upper body and vice versa, but in Khovanov's case any physical activities were forbidden like at all.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Coast to coast goal. This defense, though...

Worth noting that the defenseman is Adam Holwell, an overager (turning 21 in march) who is very solid, Not a whole lot of players can make him look foolish like Khovanov did. Props to him. That being said, I feel Holwell was a little overconfident on this play.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
20 points in 21 games now. Not sure, why he looked so bad at 5 nations tournament. He's 2+2 in 2 games since he's back to the CHL.

He wasn't that bad. Faced the other teams best lines after a long time off.

His hands, the top notch skating, the smarts, they all showed despite the disapointing showing.

I would take a shot at him in the first round for sure.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Habs weren’t afraid to take galchenyuk when he missed a year. Hopefully they feel the same about this kid and he’s around early 2nd

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Possibly the 4 games in 4 days schedule wasn't that easy for him after his health issues.

Exactly.

He had been skating for a little over a month and back at center only recently at the time.

A viral ilness like he had is not easy to come back from. Most of these kids had been playing for months, had training camp + off season workouts, while Khovanov was deconditioned with very few games under his belt. Think mono, but worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->