C Alex Newhook - Boston College, NCAA (2019, 16th, COL) Part 2

Gopher13

Apr 28, 2020
Anyone know what Newhook’s plan is for the Canada WJC Camp? Is he going to miss the first part of the college hockey season?

Depending on the Hockey East schedule he could miss more than half the games this season. Hockey East starts Nov. 20th with 20 games and Newhook wont be back until Jan 5 then will have to quarantine when back. Thats more than half the games I believe.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’d like to see him show a little more offensive flash because he has it, but he’s still been really solid. Especially in the defensive zone.

One thing I am noticing is a little less forechecking than usual. He’s tenacious on the puck usually and loves chasing players behind the net to force offensive zone turnovers but he’s been reluctant to do that. I don’t know if maybe he’s being responsible and staying high in the offensive zone in case the play goes back the other way but I’d love him to be a little more of hound for the puck.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Newhook with a goal and assist tonite for the Eagles...wicked snipe. He’s tailor made for the Avs - speed, hands and crazy good at zone entry and possession metrics.

Kind of an aside but boy has Martin Kaut turned the corner as a pro too. The Avs definitely have some talent ready to reinforce the core coming up soon.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Two well deserved points against the Condors tonight in the second game of a B2B series.

Also equally impressed by Jean Luc Foudy. He’s only 18? What do they feed kids these days? And Sampo Ranta too. What a speed demon.
Ranta is strong, skates like the wind, and has a really hard shot. Even if he can't score in the NHL, he has more than enough talent to be a middle sixer, IF he can adjust his game. His lack of IQ has always been his downfall, but how smart do you have to be to play wing?

The Avs are looking like a dynasty with all the talent they have on hand. Sakic just has to make sure that he exercises financial discipline, and makes some hard decisions if he has to.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Looks like Boldy will be the last of this years BC class to get into an NHL game.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Nice! Good luck to him, wish the Ducks were able to get their hands on him at the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad