C Alex Geci - Regina Pats, WHL (2021 undrafted)

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
He’s talented that’s for sure, 2003 class isn’t as strong as 2002 or 2004, but a few nice prospects are there. Let’s see what he can do in larger amount of games. If he can hover around a ppg than we know there is something there. He is a late august birthday so a lot younger than all of his teammates.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
He’s talented that’s for sure, 2003 class isn’t as strong as 2002 or 2004, but a few nice prospects are there. Let’s see what he can do in larger amount of games. If he can hover around a ppg than we know there is something there. He is a late august birthday so a lot younger than all of his teammates.
"2003 class isn’t as strong as 2002" ... Thats too soon to say. Libor Nemec, Horvath, Chovaniak, Rajcan, Geci, Stefancik and Babeliak are very interesting players. We'll see 2 years from now.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I agree. If you look at some of the 2003 borns they are quite impressive Elite Prospects - Hockey Players born 2003
I still believe the 2002 class has the better depth and the more top end prospects. Not saying 2003 isn’t talented but I still give the edge to 02s. Next step will be interesting to see though for these guys. Stay in Slovak or Czech league or go to Sweden/Finland ?

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
I still believe the 2002 class has the better depth and the more top end prospects. Not saying 2003 isn’t talented but I still give the edge to 02s. Next step will be interesting to see though for these guys. Stay in Slovak or Czech league or go to Sweden/Finland ?
They should stay where they are. Except Geci. Finland/Sweden is best option for him. I like 4 players from 02 class. Knazko, Chromiak, Myklukha and Mastic. Lasak junior is little bit mystery for me so I dont want to talk about him. He needs to play in better league. Obvivously, highlight of this group is Myklukha. Kid has some serious potential.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
They should stay where they are. Except Geci. Finland/Sweden is best option for him. I like 4 players from 02 class. Knazko, Chromiak, Myklukha and Mastic. Lasak junior is little bit mystery for me so I dont want to talk about him. He needs to play in better league. Obvivously, highlight of this group is Myklukha. Kid has some serious potential.
Wouldn't it be good if Geci could play in the KHL for Slovan like Dano did?

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Yeah I think knazko will be real good in a year or two, in my opinion will be a first round selection. Myklukha as well. One player from much younger class that has caught my eye is Samuel Sisik. Pretty good numbers as a 13 year old. Samuel Sisik at eliteprospects.com

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
Wouldn't it be good if Geci could play in the KHL for Slovan like Dano did?
Yes that would be great but Dano already played Slovak men's league for Trencin before joining Slovan in KHL,
When Slovan will still be playing KHL I doubt Alex has any chance to join senior team directly from Slovak junior league in the next 2-3 years.. If Slovan stays in KHL, it would be great if the club had some official farm team, where the juniors could "touch" the men's hockey before joining A team...

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Very talented player who skates well and seems to do everything on the ice with speed. I’ve seen him and Dano at the same age playing, and I think Alex is an overall better player. He’s also got the size, 6’1. He’s very consistent game to game as well.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Looking to this thread, there are bunch of new Users probably from Czechoslovakia - Jabs102501, firstafricanslovak, Rusty7550, mirec04, DannyShock and very fresh one lostinwarsaw (registered Today).

lqKlotB.png

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Looking to this thread, there are bunch of new Users probably from Czechoslovakia - Jabs102501, firstafricanslovak, Rusty7550, mirec04, DannyShock and very fresh one lostinwarsaw (registered Today).

lqKlotB.png
I'm actually from the US, but my mother and family is from Slovakia, so I guess it counts

DannyShock

Sep 17, 2018
CZE

lqKlotB.png
I was born in Czechoslovakia, born in Slovakia, but after year 93’ have CZE citizenship and live in Brno. Good luck boys and a lot of joy while watching the young czech and slovak players -:)

lostinwarsaw

Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland

lqKlotB.png
I was born and grew up in Warsaw (live in Belgium now), but am ethnically Slovak. I consider myself to be Slovak 100% and kinda miss there even though I wasn’t born there and only go there every so often to watch hockey, football, tennis, visit family, etc lol. It’s a weird feeling but I’m more “nationalistic” than my parents who were born there. I’ve heard this is a big thing in the US, Canada, UK with a lot of immigrants, where the second generation kind of misses the “mother country” more than the first gen/direct immigrants.

lostinwarsaw

Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Small sample of games but finishes his first season in u20 with 11 pts in 15 games. (10 pts over last 11 games). Solid first season, let’s see what he can do next year. Mind you he wasn’t playing on a very high scoring team, Slovan only had 1 player over ppg. Does anyone know playoff schedule for u20?

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Small sample of games but finishes his first season in u20 with 11 pts in 15 games. (10 pts over last 11 games). Solid first season, let’s see what he can do next year. Mind you he wasn’t playing on a very high scoring team, Slovan only had 1 player over ppg. Does anyone know playoff schedule for u20?
Who would say is better at this age? Geci or Chromiak?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad