C Aleksi Heponiemi- Modo, Hockey Allsvenskan, Sweden (2017, 40th, FLA)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I agree that he should probably go to Europe to play against men so that he could work on his game against stronger opponents.

My opinion is; stay in NA, strong camps, pre-season, earn your spot up, 3rd line perhaps, with some PP time. | Heponiemi-Borgström-Mamin? | if doesn't make it from the get go, don't get discouraged like Haapala&Repo and keep playing your game in the AHL. - get called up and don't let go from your spot and play rest of the season up.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
My opinion is; stay in NA, strong camps, pre-season, earn your spot up, 3rd line perhaps, with some PP time. | Heponiemi-Borgström-Mamin? | if doesn't make it from the get go, don't get discouraged like Haapala&Repo and keep playing your game in the AHL. - get called up and don't let go from your spot and play rest of the season up.

I doubt AHL is an option for him.

Also Florida has plenty of guys pushing for bottom6 already and they need to add more high end skill to that F group.

Reactions: Ippenator

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not that many, actually.

Dads- Barkov
Huberdeau- Trocheck.

Borgstrom, Bjugstad, Malgin, McCann, Tippett, Vatrano, Mamin already, and again I don't think he can go to AHL.
It's another development year if they don't add high end talent and just run with the kids.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
Unless Heponiemi learns to be as elusive and quick as Gaudreau, there's next to no chance that he plays in the NHL in the fall and AHL doesn't seem to be an option.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Unless Heponiemi learns to be as elusive and quick as Gaudreau, there's next to no chance that he plays in the NHL in the fall and AHL doesn't seem to be an option.

You are half right.

He might not be at Gaudreau level, but he is enough elusive+quick for the NHL, not even debatable
not that he needs to be like Gaudreau thou - to make it.

Hepo needs to be Hepo like :) .

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Hepo gets another game winner as Broncos rout Hurricanes in game six to finals,
Broncos 5, Hurricanes 1

- i guess its a tradition to give all 3 stars to home team players in elimination loss games,
by the home team selection group.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Seems his agent is shopping him to Liiga clubs, with a salary request of around 150K euros. I can definitely see Kärpät going after him after another exodus of players.

But there's talk in Tampere that he's already signed a two year deal with a Liiga club. Accourding to the jatkoaika.com poster's source,the club was "the best choice from a sports and development viewpoint and that money was not the primary motivator".

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Seems his agent is shopping him to Liiga clubs, with a salary request of around 150K euros. I can definitely see Kärpät going after him after another exodus of players.

But there's talk in Tampere that he's already signed a two year deal with a Liiga club. Accourding to the jatkoaika.com poster's source,the club was "the best choice from a sports and development viewpoint and that money was not the primary motivator".

Returns to Ilves?
- how legit is this rumor?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Hepo by the way still leads play-offs assists with 23 in 23 games (4+23=27)
Broncos top 3: 1. Gawdin 12g+17a=29 pts 2. Heponiemi 4g+23a=27 pts 3. Steenbergen 12g+14a=26 pts.

Reactions: LAINEC

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu

Kärpät still needs a 1st/2nd line center so he'd fit beautifully. However I think he's going back home to Ilves or to KalPa who seem to attract a lot of young talent since Sami Kapanen started coaching there.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Kärpät still needs a 1st/2nd line center so he'd fit beautifully. However I think he's going back home to Ilves or to KalPa who seem to attract a lot of young talent since Sami Kapanen started coaching there.

But Hepo is not a center,Hepo is a LW. Can't even remember the last time he play'd that center position
Eliteprospects, for one really should fix that error.

Sandell could be the perfect mentor for Hepo, if he really chooses Ilves&Liiga

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Returns to Ilves?
- how legit is this rumor?

I would think it’s a fairly legit rumour... he’s too good for Jr at this point and doesn’t stand to benefit a lot from another year there. He however isn’t good enough for the NHL over the course of an 82 game season IMO. If he can get out of the transfer agreement and have the chance to play against men, I think it would be best for his development in the long run.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I would think it’s a fairly legit rumour... he’s too good for Jr at this point and doesn’t stand to benefit a lot from another year there. He however isn’t good enough for the NHL over the course of an 82 game season IMO. If he can get out of the transfer agreement and have the chance to play against men, I think it would be best for his development in the long run.

That is true thou...sort of. I think he is capable of playing in the NHL right now, but you might be correct, not a full 82 game season
I don't think its because he isn't good enough thou...It would help tons if he'd get full 60 game + play-offs + international games
under his belt before NHL.

If he chooses Ilves and gets to play there (and not in the AHL) he will get himself under awesome coaching,
2nd best coach what Finland haves to offer; Karri Kivi, he will be playing with great young talents
and with few talented veterans, Ilves has been on the verge of breaking back to the better half of
the league for few years now, Kivi has worked his magics there and signing someone like
Heponiemi would help them significantly, would make them much better.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
That is true thou...sort of. I think he is capable of playing in the NHL right now, but you might be correct, not a full 82 game season
I don't think its because he isn't good enough thou...It would help tons if he'd get full 60 game + play-offs + international games
under his belt before NHL.

If he chooses Ilves and gets to play there (and not in the AHL) he will get himself under awesome coaching,
2nd best coach what Finland haves to offer; Karri Kivi, he will be playing with great young talents
and with few talented veterans, Ilves has been on the verge of breaking back to the better half of
the league for few years now, Kivi has worked his magics there and signing someone like
Heponiemi would help them significantly, would make them much better.

I think based on skill he can play in the NHL but probably not for a full 82 game season. It’d probably be most beneficial for him to play in a men’s league and like you said get in 60+ games against men before he goes to the NHL. It’s NHL, WHL or Ilves for him next season as the AHL isn’t an option due to his age and CHL agreement.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Congrats Hepo and the Broncos winning the Ed Chynoweth Cup.
- Heponiemi scored 1+1 in game 6. (3-0 W)

Next onward's to the Memorial Cup; facing the OHL champions: Hamilton Bulldogs,
QMJHL champions: Acadie-Bathurst Titan and the host team: Regina Pats.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Heponiemi finishes the season with a goal and 3 primary assists, Broncos lose to Pats in the final
round robin game of the M Cup 6-5, Broncos did not advance, 3 games 3 losses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->