C Adam Beckman (2019, 75th, MIN)

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Doesn't seem to be a thread for him, but considering the year he had I figured he should have one.

Finished the season with 62 points (32G, 30A) in 68 games. That puts him around Nolan Foote territory, but he's not ranked as high. Probably because he weighs 168 pounds.

Anyone watch Beckman frequently?

Reactions: d rake and Lays

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
So Beckman was ranked 34th among NA skaters on the NHL central scouting list. 3 spots ahead of Nolan Foote.

I’ve watched a few Spokane games this year as my cousin plays for them.

He made a lot of noise in the pre season and continued his strong play into the regular season and now the play offs. Nice goal scoring touch and a good skater.

Was hoping he could slide into the 3rd and Buffalo could snag him as they don’t have a second round pick this year. Doubt that happens now.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
So I went to game 1 of Giants vs Chiefs last night in Langley.

I think the best way to describe Beckman would be raw. He’s got the tools and at least part of the toolbox as he knows where to be to get goals.

Scored another one last night and had a couple chances but the Chiefs were out matched vs the Giants.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
So Beckman looks to be having a good season. Anybody who sees a fair amount of Spokane games care to offer their assessment?

Reactions: deflowd

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
With that, I believe he now leads the WHL in PPG, and is third in points?

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Was one of my favourite players in the draft last year, has unlimited potential as a guy coming straight out of AAA - you have no idea what the roof for players like that looks like. So far this year, so good, and I'm very excited to see him at the next level. Can do it all and also makes a lot of sense as a depth player. Should make a few million playing hockey when it all boils down...

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
So, anybody that actually watches him routinely, can you talk a little about him? What’s the catch with this kid? He’ll be 18 all year, is destroying the WHL (leading in ppg currently) outpacing the likes of cozens, krebs, Foote, Tracey, etc. who all went first round last year, so why isn’t he being talked about?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So, anybody that actually watches him routinely, can you talk a little about him? What’s the catch with this kid? He’ll be 18 all year, is destroying the WHL (leading in ppg currently) outpacing the likes of cozens, krebs, Foote, Tracey, etc. who all went first round last year, so why isn’t he being talked about?
I can only vouch for what I saw last season. His skating was very average, but the instincts were there. Good at both scoring and playmaking. He made his way into my top 50, but yeah he wasn't talked about too much.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

FrodoBeggins

Jun 26, 2016
Kerch
It is unfortunate that Canada’s current headquarters is so weak. Not taking Jones and Beckman is just a shame. I hope this team will fly out in 1/4.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
It is unfortunate that Canada’s current headquarters is so weak. Not taking Jones and Beckman is just a shame. I hope this team will fly out in 1/4.
Was beckman an unpopular omission? Didn’t seem like he was being talked about

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012

It's unfortunate Canada can't send 2 teams as there certainly is a lot of the hockey worlds young talent in this country, and would let them get the chance others get. There are definitely better players than Beckman that didn't get selected to play for Canada that would be among the best players on other nations junior teams, and I'm sure Beckman would be one of the best players on a team like Germany or Switzerland too.

Last edited:

FrodoBeggins

Jun 26, 2016
Kerch
It's unfortunate Canada can't send 2 teams as there certainly is a lot of the hockey worlds young talent in this country, and would let them get the chance others get. There are definitely better players than Beckman that didn't get selected to play for Canada that would be among the best players on other nations junior teams, and I'm sure Beckman would be one of the best players on a team like Germany or Switzerland too.
Beckman the best striker WHL

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend

3+2 tonight in a huge performance against Seattle.

I was at this game. Beckman has insane scoring IQ for this level. Was head and shoulders above everyone else on the ice this game as he was magically in the right spot to score again and again. Also has a lethal one timer/slapshot. This kid is going to be a good one and really looked to be other worldly at the WHL level which usually translates into NHL success.

Also seems to have a good head on his shoulders and looks like he has a good personality just from what I watched the other night.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I was at this game. Beckman has insane scoring IQ for this level. Was head and shoulders above everyone else on the ice this game as he was magically in the right spot to score again and again. Also has a lethal one timer/slapshot. This kid is going to be a good one and really looked to be other worldly at the WHL level which usually translates into NHL success.

Also seems to have a good head on his shoulders and looks like he has a good personality just from what I watched the other night.
Can confirm the latter. Mature and easy-going at the same time.

I think it should also be noted that he’s out producing the next highest scorer on his team by 50%, almost halfway through the season. Really, really promising stuff.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad