C Aatu Räty - Jukurit, Liiga (2021, 52nd, NYI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Geez. Not quite sure what's the point of playing a top player of an age class (worldwide) in a fourth line with limited minutes? That sounds as bad as it is. I get that this was his first game at this level but still.

1st line in JrB >>> 4th line in the JrA. Hope the idea was just to bring him in slowly cause otherwise he'd get wasted away, while he could develop much better by having his skates on the ice as opposed to sitting on the bench watching. I'm giving it a benefit of a doubt since the parent club is Kärpät, who've got a good track-record of developing young talents.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He played a bit over 12 minutes and he played as winger. 4 shots on goal, no points.
I really don't think the gap between BSM and ASM is so massive that if a player scores at 3 PPG in BSM, you need to put him on the 4th line with next to no minutes, and not allow him to play his natural position in ASM...

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I really don't think the gap between BSM and ASM is so massive that if a player scores at 3 PPG in BSM, you need to put him on the 4th line with next to no minutes, and not allow him to play his natural position in ASM...
Definitely agree. Maybe it was just one game.. but I think he will get his chance eventually.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
It is his debut though. It's not necessarily a bad thing to let him grasp what the pace of the game is like before giving him a bigger role.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Geez. Not quite sure what's the point of playing a top player of an age class (worldwide) in a fourth line with limited minutes? That sounds as bad as it is. I get that this was his first game at this level but still.

He also played with forward who has 0 points in 7 games lol.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
He scored a goal, was +1 and played 16.44. Was listed as 4th line winger tonight too. Only five Kärpät players got more ice time tonight than him.

Looks definitely better tonight than yesterday. I didn't see the games so I don't know how he played, but numbers are better.

Very nice goal.

Newest player report from tonights game: Aatu Räty | FinnProspects.com

Reading that report makes me more intrigued about him. He sounds amazing.

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
No surprise that he can actually play in the league if he gets some ice time. Will be very interested in how his season goes.

Nice goal from what I can see, the frame rate's not wonderful.

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Any updates on this prospect ?
Played two U20 games last weekends tournament, scored one goal. In their last game he wasn't in the lineup. I don't know if he got injured as he didn't play in the third game and he was not on the U18 team lineup either.

6 games with U20 team and he has 3 goals scored.

He is playing for the U18 team now. 3PPG player, over a 1.5GPG.
His last game for U18 team was 16.9 and he has been up with U20 team since then.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Back in the lineup tonight with the U20 team as a 4th line winger. Still don't know why they don't let him play as a center.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Today he is playing as the 2nd line winger! He has already scored tonight after going pointless yesterday. They lost and the team scored just only goal yesterday.

15 minutes left in todays game.

E: 2nd goal, they won Jokerit U20 4-1

Last edited:

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Today he is playing as the 2nd line winger! He has already scored tonight after going pointless yesterday. They lost and the team scored just only goal yesterday.

15 minutes left in todays game.

E: 2nd goal, they won Jokerit U20 4-1

Crappy quality but here are the goals:

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
So last year he was 2.46 PPG in C-juniors (including the "official" serie, 1.7 PPG + qualification serie, nearly 3.1 PPG) and 1.5 PPG in B-juniors (6 games).

This year so far 3 PPG in B-juniors (10+8 in 6 games) and 0.6 PPG in A-juniors.

Incredible numbers. He has scored 61 goals in 59 games during that time and the season is far from over.

Reactions: Pardus

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
What do you think is Räty potential 1st overall in 2021 draft?
Well, he scored four (or was it even five?) goals against Canada in a smaller rink than he's used to. Stick handling is on a great level, hockey IQ is way abowe average, he has the size needed...

Don't want to put too much weight on his shoulders but I'd say he has better chance to be 1OA than Kakko or Lundell. Because of Hughes and Lafreniere.

Edit. Didn't see who made the disallowed goal against Canada Red.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Well, he scored four (or was it even five?) goals against Canada in a smaller rink than he's used to. Stick handling is on a great level, hockey IQ is way abowe average, he has the size needed...

Don't want to put too much weight on his shoulders but I'd say he has better chance to be 1OA than Kakko or Lundell. Because of Hughes and Lafreniere.

Edit. Didn't see who made the disallowed goal against Canada Red.

By the way has Räty considered yet to stay in Oulu or is he looking USHL / CHL route?
With those stats what he's put up in Kärpät juniors and now U17 WHC i can see some CHL team picking him to 2019 CHL import draft.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
A bit lackluster so far in the u20 team, the 6 goals are nice but he is not dominating the play like true top prospects usually do. Predicting a 2nd round draft pick position at best, but anything could happen.

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
By the way has Räty considered yet to stay in Oulu or is he looking USHL / CHL route?
With those stats what he's put up in Kärpät juniors and now U17 WHC i can see some CHL team picking him to 2019 CHL import draft.
I guess he trusts to make Kärpät Liiga team next season. NA wouldn't be a bad choice too but I'd love to see Räty playing Liiga instead.

A bit lackluster so far in the u20 team, the 6 goals are nice but he is not dominating the play like true top prospects usually do.
He's been playing in the lower lines as a winger. Six goals is a good achievement based on that. Next season starting as the leading center in A juniors Räty's numbers will be totally different.

Last edited:

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
I think Raty has been the best Finn in the u17 team so far. He makes the right decision almost all the time, he's difficult to knock off the puck, makes good passes, good vision, he can shoot the puck too... looking like another great C for Finland.

Reactions: FinPanda and Pardus

LoveHateLeafs

Jul 7, 2009
I guess he trusts to make Kärpät Liiga team next season. NA wouldn't be a bad choice too but I'd love to see Räty playing Liiga instead.

He's been playing in the lower lines as a winger. Six goals is a good achievement based on that. Next season starting as the leading center in A juniors Räty's numbers will be totally different.
Why do you think Raty has been playing wing with lousy line-mates and so little ice time? It's not as though Karpat's A-juniors are overflowing with high-end talent. They have just one player producing at over a point-per-game. Based on the U17 games I've seen, it looks as though he should be able to handle centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad