C Aatu Räty - Jukurit, Liiga (2021, 52nd, NYI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Aatu Räty, very good skating. Quite good skills, good effort. Hockey IQ I'm not entirely sold on at this point, seems to overcomplicate things.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
I see it as overhype from a Finnish poster hyping a Finnish prospect.
I have the same fears. A matthews level player goes first in most drafts, an even better skating matthews goes first in even more drafts.

But hey maybe aatu if just similar in tools and such? I have no idea but a matthews light rype of player would still be hella exciting

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
I have the same fears. A matthews level player goes first in most drafts, an even better skating matthews goes first in even more drafts.

But hey maybe aatu if just similar in tools and such? I have no idea but a matthews light rype of player would still be hella exciting
He is a Matthews type player, not necessarily better. He is a better skater than Matthews was though.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
He is a Matthews type player, not necessarily better. He is a better skater than Matthews was though.

Matthews has good hockey IQ. A player with IQ concerns is closer to Pulju than Matthews. I don't think Raty's hockey IQ is that low though.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
Very good at using his linemates constantly wants the puck but really uses his wingers to make plays. Love his game as a pure center. Active shooter but still more of an playmaker.

Reactions: Ippenator

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Matthews has good hockey IQ. A player with IQ concerns is closer to Pulju than Matthews. I don't think Raty's hockey IQ is that low though.
No, you really don’t get it do you? Watch him play, his PLAYSTYLE and attributes are Matthews esque. Jesus christ...

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He looked strong at the U18s, with a good summer training he could be ready for some Liiga-action.
Not expecting him to play in Liiga until spring, personally. What's most likely is towards the end of the season he gets some 5-6 games.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Yes. Because of Kärpät...
Exactly, he would have less difficulty making weaker teams. But it's usually a bit tougher with Kärpät. And he didn't really dominate u-20s(like 1.2+ PPG or something).

By all means though, I could be very wrong. If he absolutely obliterates the u-20s he'll probably get some time in Liiga in the fall already.

Reactions: Pardus

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Signed a contract with Kärpät until 2022, along with his brother.

Shaun Heshkan optio käytetty – kahdeksalle omalle juniorille liigasopimukset

I like the way Finland has been developing players, no need to go to the CHL , though there wasn't many Finns going to the CHL in the past I guess as well. Actually it seems that Finland juniors are becoming strong to the point it is pushing other prospects to take other routes more than before i.e Borgstrom to NCAA, Kallionkieli to USHL etc.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Big role coming for Aatu next season (for both Räty brothers)

Pesonen-Kristof-Koblinzek
Pyörälä-Räty-Räty
Lindsten-Humaloja-Sedlak
Karvinen-Metsävainio-Anttila

Sailio-Koskenkorva-Tieksola

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012

Pyörälä-Räty-Räty
Lindsten-Humaloja-Sedlak

I'd love to see them together in Liiga, they seemed to have great chemistry at the U18s, although they might break into the team at different times.

Noma

Pyörälä-Räty-Räty
Lindsten-Humaloja-Sedlak

There's no way Kärpät starts the season with a roster like that. Rätys won't be in the 2nd line, Humaloja won't be a 3rd line center and Sedlak isn't penciled in a top-9 role either. There's quite a few acquisitions coming still.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Alienato

Feb 23, 2019
Oulu
Pyörälä-Räty-Räty
If this happends and both brothers goes to NHL Pyörälä has propably most u18 NHL prospects as hes linemate in fel history. Aho, Pulju, Heponiemi, Donskoi, Salomäki, Pokka, Mäenalainen, Nutivaara. And what notable that with most offensive players in same line. :)

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu

Pyörälä-Räty-Räty
Lindsten-Humaloja-Sedlak

More likely something like this:

Pesonen-X-X
Pyörälä-Kristof-X
Lindsten-X-Koblizek
Sailio-Humaloja-Karvinen

Räty or Tieksola could get a third line role if Lindsten or Koblizek can't score next year either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad