C Aatu Räty - Jukurit, Liiga (2021, 52nd, NYI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Potentially one of the better center prospects from Finland. This season he has scored 65 points (35+30) in just 21 U16 league (C-juniors) games and also 7 points (1+6) in four U18 league (B-juniors) games.

Last season he was chosen as the best forward in the C-juniors. His size won't be a problem as he is already 5'11.

Aatu Räty

Here is a report about him: Aatu Räty

Last edited:

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Yes, I was very impressed in game 1 as I said in the Top Finnish Prospects thread, and in game 2 he continued to create a lot with Eero Niemi. Really liked Räty's balance, puck control and vision. Scored some silky goals too in shootout and "regular" play.

Assist

Goal

Last edited:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Didn't even realize he was a late birthday, likely to play mostly A juniors this coming season?

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Didn't even realize he was a late birthday, likely to play mostly A juniors this coming season?
I would think he will play in the B-juniors, but will get some A-junior games too. If he plays well, he might actually play mostly in the A.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He's training with the u18 team and he's expected to play with them for most of the next season.

I assume that he's probably going to stick with them for most of the season, also. Last season, he was well beyond the CSM level and when he got to play at the BSM level, he performed very well. He clearly was ready for it, but still only got a couple of games. I'm not sure if the entire season at ASM would be likely. Perhaps after the new year, if he does very well at the BSM level(2+ PPG, I think).

To me, his best quality is likely his skating.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don't know much about him but from what I see he looks pretty good. Will have to try and find some games for the coming season. Given where he plays he probably has a really good shot at being a high pick if he keeps it up. A lot of the big name forward Canadians for 2021 seem to be going NCAA route. There's some others that could challenge but none that project as centers from what I've seen.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Fah who foraze! Dah who doraze!
Aatu Räty! Fah who foraze!
Autu Räty! Dah who doraze!
Welcome Christmas, come this way!
Fah who foraze! Dah who doraze!
Aatu Räty! Fah who foraze!
Aatu Räty! Dah who doraze!
Welcome Christmas, Christmas Day!

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
If this guy can become something great I'll be very happy. We don't have a lot of great centers.

7+5 in 4 games in B-juniors so far.

Last edited:

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Another 5 point game today 3+2 his now got 10 points last 2 games.. guy is a beast

That's one heck of a start for a 15 year old playing in the U18s. If he continues to be this dominant then perhaps they should try him at JrA.

If this guy can become something great I'll be very happy. We don't have a lot of great centers.

We have two extremely good top six centers in Barkov and Aho, but yeah you can never have too many. Who can tell what else the future brings. Maybe someone like Borgström could enter into discussion. Thrilling times.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, at his age Barkov was scoring at a 0.5 PPG pace in Liiga. So...

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
So what? Kärpät Liiga team is at the moment a clearly better team than Tappara had at that time. We don’t know if Räty would get to play Liiga in a weaker level team like Tappara was in 2011-2012. It’s not a fair way to compare Barkov and Räty. The only fair way with comparing their production is with comparing their results in the same level leagues. If Räty gets to play this season a lot of games in the A-junior’s and manages to get even around PPG production, it would be extremely promising for his age.

I’m not comparing him and Barkov at all yet, as there is not fair information to do this kind of comparison, at least so far. But lets see how it goes for Räty in the future. Anyway he does seem so far very promising for sure.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013

Barkov was 16 years and 29 days old in his FEL debut. Räty is 15 years and ~10 months old right now and the season hasn't even started yet. He could still pull ahead in that regard, but he doesn't have to since it's not a competition. Also for the record (and I'm sure you are aware) Barkov isn't even the youngest man ever on the FEL ice since both Kokkonen and Joensuu have had their debuts at age of 15. In the end it really doesn't mean anything though, other than maybe that some promising youngsters have had advanced physical trajectory compared to their peers. Maybe we'll see Räty in the league later along the season, but even if we didn't, that wouldn't be a knock on him considering what the parent club is.

Would anyone happen to know how accurate Raty's height/weight measurements are in Eliteprospects? He's currently listed as 6'0"/163lbs.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
My point was that Barkov's really not the comparison and that Räty's relatively old for a top prospect to be playing at the BSM level so one would hope that his scoring's good.

Speaking of parent clubs, even Sebastian Aho for instance, while admittedly being 4 months older during the equivalent seasons, only played 2 games at the BSM level and otherwise played the entire season at the ASM level at a PPG+ pace. Hence, I'm not sure why Räty's still playing BSM and I'd like to see his performance at the ASM level.

So what? Kärpät Liiga team is at the moment a clearly better team than Tappara had at that time. We don’t know if Räty would get to play Liiga in a weaker level team like Tappara was in 2011-2012.
Could start with ASM. But I really hope you don't think Räty could jump into Liiga and score at a 0.5 PPG pace if the team was weaker.

Pardus

Sep 25, 2017
Oulu, Finland
Why to rush anything? Räty is playing his draft -2 season. Barkov played on his draft -2 season even with C juniors. Also Anton Lundell started his last season in B juniors.

I would start worrying if Räty was playing in BSM also next season which I highly doubt. He will debut in ASM this season but there's not a single reason to rush with his Liiga debut.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I still don't really get what he's doing in B-junior. As I was saying, he really should be in As by now. He's must not be learning anything down there.

And also Ruutu is only showing B-junior playoffs I believe, so we can't see him play. :( Hope he is up to A juniors soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad