C, A and A

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
LOL, Larkin and 3 scrubs. I hope they're giving Larkin full A instead of only at home crap.

If Abby still has an A, then they're planning on playing him. Ugh.
leadership isnt just about points . glenny is a leader . hes a smart player - he wades into the tough areas and goes all out - he hustles - he makes all kinds of un'statable plays all 200' that help the wings cause .

Reactions: Mlotek

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
leadership isnt just about points . glenny is a leader . hes a smart player - he wades into the tough areas and goes all out - he hustles - he makes all kinds of un'statable plays all 200' that help the wings cause .
I was watching a game with a former pro, and he mentioned that he captained that particular team. (I knew he played for them, but didn't realize that he was captain.) Anyways, I told him "Don't your teammates have to like you to be a captain?" His response was, "Nah, it's more or less a management decision." (I honestly thought he'd come up with a funnier retort.)

Anyways, this guy was an agitator and defenseman. No scoring ability at all. So yeah, I'm aware it's not about scoring ability, especially with As. If anything they need communication skills because they have to talk to the refs. The trend though is that the captain is one of the top players. I'm sure they're just waiting to give the C to Alexis after Gary rigs the lottery for Stevie.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Didn't Chris leave a couple years ago for Chicago?

Something about special ambassador.
Looked it up, you are correct. Didn't realize he was actually born in Chicago. Moved back to be with his family. Happens when you get to that age, your parents start needing help....

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
Maybe it's the liquor talking, but I don't think anyone is really worthy of the C right now. Don't think there's one guy who you can point at and say that's the guy. Really don't think giving it to Larkin cause he's our best player is a good choice either.

Reactions: Mlotek

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Maybe it's the liquor talking, but I don't think anyone is really worthy of the C right now. Don't think there's one guy who you can point at and say that's the guy. Really don't think giving it to Larkin cause he's our best player is a good choice either.

I don't know why, but it bothers me that our franchise has had captains every year back to the Twenties, some of whom were awful players, but we still had them, and now we just decide not to have one because that's what everyone else in the league does.

We had a lot of players over the years who weren't worthy of the C, but you had to pick one because that's what you do. Now I guess people are afraid of stripping the C when it was never a big deal before. Ted Lindsay got the C stripped, Red Kelly did, whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad