Byram joining Avs in Playoffs

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Bryam's contract doesn't kick in until he's played 9 games. Again, where does it say that the NHL has a problem with the contracts?

I don’t know. It’s not really my problem. It’s pretty clear the league is trying to prevent raiding of other leagues’ players who wouldn’t have otherwise been eligible for the playoff run. How they determine who should be included in that is probably a fair question. But Byram’s situation is irrelevant. As of the roster freeze he was good to go for a call-up as soon as the WHL season concluded. That’s still the case. Your argument isn’t with Byram, it’s with the league.

Reactions: GAGLine

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
But Byram’s situation is irrelevant. As of the roster freeze he was good to go for a call-up as soon as the WHL season concluded. That’s still the case. Your argument isn’t with Byram, it’s with the league.

Same with Kaprizov, Sokolov and Romanov. The NHL's inconsistency is handling this is a major problem.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Kaprizov and Romanov were not signed as of the roster freeze. I don’t know anything about Sokolov.

Because they couldn't be signed and the NHL prevented them from signing. Again, this isn't about contracts. It's about adding players that weren't on the roster at the start of the season.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Because they couldn't be signed and the NHL prevented them from signing. Again, this isn't about contracts. It's about adding players that weren't on the roster at the start of the season.

They couldn’t be signed because they were currently under contract overseas, making it entirely different from Byram who was under contract with the Avalanche.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Bryam's contract doesn't kick in until he's played 9 games. Again, where does it say that the NHL has a problem with the contracts?
Byram's contract has already kicked in, he just hasn't burned a year of it.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Makar would have to be fool to lock into a long term commitment in a flat cap world. He will almost certainly sign a bridge deal as a result to set up his payday in the future.
What if he wants to be an Av long term and signs a team friendly contract?

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
You mean when he played 9:14 in the 3rd period of the Gold Medal game and led Team Canada in ice time.
If he would've had some points he would be able to hold his own in the NHL playoffs but since he didn't well he isn't good enough defensively :sarcasm:

I think expectations were high in the WJC but people focused too much on his offense where we Avs fans prefer him to be better defensively and I think he was pretty good. To be trusted like that in the 3rd period in a Gold Medal game as a 18 years old kid that says alot IMO.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
What if he wants to be an Av long term and signs a team friendly contract?

Just because he wants to be an Av long term, doesn't mean he would do something short-sighted.

He would have to be a fool - and have an incompetent agent - to make a long term commitment in what is quite obviously a short term cash strapped world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad