Byram joining Avs in Playoffs

howboutahug

Mar 20, 2018
Rocky Mountains
Per Adrian Dater

“Byram, the Avs’ prized defensive prospect taken fourth overall in last year’s NHL draft, will practice with the team for the rest of Phase 2 and join the team for training camp and be a roster player for the postseason.

However, it is highly unlikely that Byram will be a player in the postseason. For that to happen, multiple injuries would have to occur. Hey, injuries can and do happen, so it’s possible he could play for the Avs this postseason.”

Bo Byram to join Avalanche for playoffs, but unlikely to play

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Junior players are able to join their NHL teams after their season is over under normal circumstances anyway. Their situations are not the same.
So are college players, but this year those aren't able to join because they weren't able to be signed.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Ya they need to allow guys like Kaprizov to play as well. Anyone associated to the team should be able to play as long as they sign a contract.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Based off his showing at the WJC, he wouldn’t be able to hold his own in the NHL playoffs
giphy.gif

lawrence

May 19, 2012
wow his first action will either be against the Wild and probably the his hometown boys the Canucks.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
That's assuming the Avs remain in the second seed

I don’t care about either team, but I’d rather have the Avs team over the Wild. But I also think neither team should waste a “year” of Kaprizov or Byram. Although if these guys are Black Aces and do nothing more than practice with the big club and it doesn’t waste a year of their ELC, meh.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I actually wouldn’t be shocked to see Colorado play him and try to get 10 games out of him. Most people think they wouldn’t want to burn a year but Sakic tends to look at the long term picture more. With the flat cap expected for 3 seasons, it means Byram’s 2nd contract can begin with zero cap inflation arguments all while having less of a sample size to demand too much money. Essentially Sakic is almost certain to get Byram’s 2nd contract at a much smaller AAV than Makar (who will also have zero cap inflation arguments).

Avs have some cap space to take advantage of burning an ELC early for long term gain. It’s why Avs fans were so happy for Makar to burn a year last year. Makar can sign a long term deal this offseason despite only really having one year under his belt.

Reactions: AvsFan29

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->