Not open for further replies.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Hey Disco,

never-was-1.png

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Crosby relative to his customary level of play isn't even close to that this season. Currently no, he's not the best player in the world skill wise or in any other way for that matter.

Reactions: Bozle

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He’s comments on Crosby on the actual interview aren’t that bad. Basically says Crosby learns and makes himself better than everyone.

What he says about Malkin and comparing him to.. wait for it.. Brooks Orpik is completely lolworthy.

Also, his arrogance really comes through when talking about the stats “ he looks at it.”

Last edited:

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I mean, hes right? I think Ive seen countless times on this board that Sid is essentially the best grinder to ever play the game. Dont get me wrong, hes one of the most skilled guys in the league, but I dont know if I could call him the MOST skilled in the league or even on the team. What makes him the best overall player in the world is the combination of his strength, speed, IQ, work ethic, and skill. Hate Bylsma, sure, but lets not pretend like this is that crazy of a thing to say.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
He’s comments on Crosby on the actual interview aren’t that bad. Basically says Crosby learns and makes himself better than everyone.

What he says about Malkin and comparing him to.. wait for it.. Brooks Orpik is completely lolworthy.

Also, his arrogance really comes through when talking about the stats “ he looks at it.”

I shudder to ask . . .

Reactions: That1Kid and vabm8

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Whether the statement is true or not isn't important because it's such an empty, meaningless statement. Look at all the major sports and determine who the best player is. It most likely is not the person with the best raw skills. Take the NBA, for example. There are more skilled players than Lebron James, but none are actually better at the game.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I shudder to ask . . .

Lol. You have to listen just to hear. He basically talks about how plus / minus has validity, saying that Malkin’s stats as someone in the d-zone versus o-zone are relatively different when it comes to plus / minus then out of all people compares him to Orpik and his stat difference in the o-zone versus the d-zone.

And you wonder why the Pens sucked while he was and Malkin regressed defensively..

Even his demeanor versus Sullivan’s is insane.

Honestly wonder what would’ve happened in 2013 if Bylsma got fired after 2012 like he should have.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
This has always been more of a meme than reality. Good time to point out that Sidney Crosby Dangles is available to watch in Laflamme’s YT channel now. Spoiler: Crosby’s technical skill has always been on a disgusting level.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
This has always been more of a meme than reality. Good time to point out that Sidney Crosby Dangles is available to watch in Laflamme’s YT channel now. Spoiler: Crosby’s technical skill has always been on a disgusting level.

Yeah, I always interpreted the "best grinder to play the game" comments as a reflection of his mentality/play style, not the actual level of skill that he possesses which is, as you said, obscenely high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad