Bylsma eyes other guy for Malkin-Neal line

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I cannot make beautiful Euro-keyboard music with my shortcuts. I feel shame. I can make on of these å but it doesn't count.

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
Or simply buy a superior scandinavian keyboard. I'll hook you up with one.

real cheap

say 250? Best buy in town, come on buddy.

comes with å ä ö and general awesomeness.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Or simply buy a superior scandinavian keyboard. I'll hook you up with one.

real cheap

say 250? Best buy in town, come on buddy.

comes with å ä ö and general awesomeness.

Does it also come with a random red panda gif posting macro?

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
We need to make trades this season and go for it. Our window is closing. Who cares about guys who need another five years to develop, honestly probably only one or maybe two (or NONE!!) of our d prospects will be effective nhlers. We need to maximize our chances of winning NOW.

Best post in this thread. How much longer will Pitts have a healthy, prime, Malkin and Crosby? This could even be the last year for all we know.

Management should trade for a top 6 winger and a top 4 D at the deadline. Go for glory NOW. Make it happen Shero, the new rules are on your side.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
For what it's worth, when Bylsma was interviewed by Madden today, he mentioned Kennedy, Bennett and Tangradi, with Sutter maybe playing there when they need to play more defense. He didn't say a word about Glass.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
For what it's worth, when Bylsma was interviewed by Madden today, he mentioned Kennedy, Bennett and Tangradi, with Sutter maybe playing there when they need to play more defense. He didn't say a word about Glass.

In that order?

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
In that order?

I can't remember exactly what order he named them in, but I don't think the order was indicative of who was the favorite anyway.

He also said the defense won't be based on conventional 1-6 numbering of defensemen, and that Niskanen and sometimes Engelland would be asked to take on more minutes, likely depending on the team they're playing against.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The only possible thing that could ruin this NHL season for me...is seeing TK in our Top 6...

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Good lord his boner for 3/4 line pluggers knows no bounds... :shakehead

Can disco REALLY be this stupid!?

Home boy is going to be on a VERY short leash, I hope this year.
Shero too. A lot of the other teams in the division are getting better while the Pens seem to be OK with getting healthy.

I know Shero takes his time and picks his spots but I'm all ansy in the pantsy already.

ObsessedCreative*

Shero too. A lot of the other teams in the division are getting better while the Pens seem to be OK with getting healthy.

I know Shero takes his time and picks his spots but I'm all ansy in the pantsy already.

I give Shero much more lead way than Disco. I think Ray has done just about as good of a job as possible here.

Why do you think he should be on thin ice?

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012

Hopefully that order is his order of preference.....DB starting to regain my faith. I think TK can top 30 pts on the #2 line and some #2 PP time. Coaching staff just needs to manage his role on that #2 line as the forechecker/puck retriever. His tenacity and speed will help excel in that role. Lets face it, he is by most accounts, a pretty good player.

He just needs to work on his shot selection (also deferring to Crosby's shot), and he will be who the Pens need. He has demonstrated the production and skills well above any other current candidates.

Looking forward to more of these between Crosby and TK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkX8Nzm4_p4

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Hopefully that order is his order of preference.....DB starting to regain my faith. I think TK can top 30 pts on the #2 line and some #2 PP time. Coaching staff just needs to manage his role on that #2 line as the forechecker/puck retriever. His tenacity and speed will help excel in that role. Lets face it, he is by most accounts, a pretty good player.

He just needs to work on his shot selection (also deferring to Crosby's shot), and he will be who the Pens need. He has demonstrated the production and skills well above any other current candidates.

Looking forward to more of these between Crosby and TK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkX8Nzm4_p4

He is talking about Kennedy with Malkin.

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh
I give Shero much more lead way than Disco. I think Ray has done just about as good of a job as possible here.

Why do you think he should be on thin ice?

My take is this. I think Shero has made some great moves in his tenure, but since the Cup win, I question his philosophy. Seems to me that he used to put more of a premium on grit, size, and being tough to play against.

But since DB has fully implemented his own system (uptempo, North South, emphasis on skating and "PMD") I think we've seen the team lose that "tough to play against" aspect. It seems like Shero is all in with DB based on comments and a lot of the moves and picks he's made.

After all the playoff disappointments since the Cup (and especially after last year's debacle), I'm starting to wonder if Shero and DB aren't wedded to an approach that's not a good formula.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I wouldn't read much into what Bylsma says before camp starts. He also was gushing over the possibility of Jagr a few summers ago. Fast forward and that seems like the ultimate Odd Couple.

A leopard doesn't change his spots. Bylsma wants straightline, predictable grinders. Matt Cooke will start the season in the top six. Take that to Vegas and win some cash, at least. The fact we no longer have Cooke-Staal-Kennedy as a possibility is the perfect opportunity for Bylsma to move Cooke up.

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Cooke-Malkin-Neal
Glass-Sutter-Kennedy
Tangradi-Vitale-Adams
Jeffrey

That is my prediction for Opening Night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->