Value of: Byfield or Turcotte

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Madden maybe a better target for the Rangers.

Madden for Robertson ++
or
Madden + for Kakko

I would go for Madden + for Kakko since our weekest position is winger.
But i would rate it more like Madden ++ for Kakko despite his less than stellar performance. This kid has skills.

What about we throw in a 2nd and another center to solidify the Rangers center position.

What about Madden + Akil Thomas/or 2nd for Kakko

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Rangers have a plethora of strengths at everything except center. Rangers need a 1st line center down the road with Zib and Strome expiring soon. I dont think its smart to sign these guys to a LT contract

Kings have a boat load of quality center prospects.

What is the value of Byfield or Turcotte ?

All players are available except Fox and Shestyrkin. The availables include Laf, Kakko, Kravtsov, Miller, Lundqvist, Schneider. It will suck to lose one of them but thats what its going to take to get a 1st line center prospect (which is vital to the Rangers).

Kinda weird to ask for another team's Top U23 players and then immediately lead of with your top U23 players are off limits.

Reactions: go4hockey

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I would go for Madden + for Kakko since our weekest position is winger.
But i would rate it more like Madden ++ for Kakko despite his less than stellar performance. This kid has skills.
What about we throw in a 2nd and another center to solidify the Rangers center position.
What about Madden + Akil Thomas/or 2nd for Kakko

Kakk not available, and despite how it may seem, to folks who don't follow NYR regulalrly, not a disappointment.
Wasn't drafted for what he'd do at 19 or 20, but what he would become (just like w Kings high picks)
Last 5-6 weeks, while not racking up tons of points, he has shown how good he will be, aggressive, strong, skilled.
neither Kakko nor Laf are leaving NY any time soon...

as i've written, i do suspect these 2 teams might match up to help balance out their pipelines
and Madden may be a good candidate for NYR

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Something around K. Miller and Turcotte or Byfield makes some sense but there’s no way either organization makes that type of trade at this point in time. It’s def something that the teams could circle to at some point in the future (thinking years, not months) depending on progressions and potential needs. It’s fun to contemplate but neither team pulls the trigger any time soon. There’s just too much risk.

For fun, if I was ranking them today, I’d say:

1. Byfield
2. Miller
3. Turcotte

I’d probably say Miller is the safest as he’s already shown that he can eat NHL minutes and he still hasn’t filled out. I’d say Byfield has the highest potential ceiling. I think Turcotte will have a nice career but I’m not sure he has the high end upside. Who knows though, fun to speculate.

Last edited:

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
With LA being in a rebuild, i highly doubt they move any of their young blue chips anytime soon. Byfeild, turcotte, and vilardi are all likely non-starters in trade talks imho

Reactions: go4hockey

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
A 4th liner or a possible 1st liner? The choice is obvious.
Laf hasn't been good this season. (Although better in his last 10 games), but nobody had him down as a 4th liner before being drafted. So, no, the choice wasn't an easy choice between a 4th line or a potential 1st liner in Byfield.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
The Kings have not reached the crossroads where a trade is imminent. They've passed the point of building an arsenal of young personnel, but they are at the point of development of those players. Shit, they're all rookies in Ontario and are starting to show some upward trend and confidence. Their development is starting to take off, not the time to stray from the path.

Regarding Byfield, Turcotte and Madden, I think we are looking at a 1C and two top 6 wings. Listening to Sidel's interview, his opinion is that as good as Turcotte is at center, he's probably even better at wing. My opinion, the same holds true for Madden. There's a lot to be sorted out with these players development and that's why the Kings are not close to the point of considering trades.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Rangers have a plethora of strengths at everything except center. Rangers need a 1st line center down the road with Zib and Strome expiring soon. I dont think its smart to sign these guys to a LT contract

Kings have a boat load of quality center prospects.

What is the value of Byfield or Turcotte ?

All players are available except Fox and Shestyrkin. The availables include Laf, Kakko, Kravtsov, Miller, Lundqvist, Schneider. It will suck to lose one of them but thats what its going to take to get a 1st line center prospect (which is vital to the Rangers).
What would it take to Pry away Paniran if he’s available

Unknownbutfamous1

Oct 1, 2017
Panarin is untouchable. Top 3 winger in the game.

But for how much longer? Hes got 5 more seasons left at 11.6m cap hit. Heres where I see his decline going.

1. 30 years old - Est. scoring at 1 ppg - Rangers wont be contending (prob 1st or 2nd round exit)
2. 31 years old - Est. scoring at .9 ppg - Rangers will probably be contending
3. 32 years old - Est. scoring at .7 ppg - Rangers will definitely be contending
4. 33 years old - Est. scoring at .6 ppg- Rangers will definitely be contending
5. 34 years old - Est. scoring at .5 ppg- Rangers will definitely be contending

Hes an elite player, but it really doesn't matter what he does when we aren't contending. Its all about managing that contending window. When we are contending in 2/3 years, he will be taking up 11.6m in cap space and only producing 57 points per season. Is this good production for the cap hit? Hell no! We wont be able to sign LT contracts to Fox, Shesty, Kakko, and Laf with his 11.6m on the books. I think we should lock those guys up to 8 year contracts as soon as their EL contract expires to stamp our Stanley Cup window.

I would trade Panarin all day, but I guess its a mute point since I dont think he would waive his NMC.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Something around K. Miller and Turcotte or Byfield makes some sense but there’s no way either organization makes that type of trade at this point in time. It’s def something that the teams could circle to at some point in the future (thinking years, not months) depending on progressions and potential needs. It’s fun to contemplate but neither team pulls the trigger any time soon. There’s just too much risk.

For fun, if I was ranking them today, I’d say:

1. Byfield
2. Miller
3. Turcotte

I’d probably say Miller is the safest as he’s already shown that he can eat NHL minutes and he still hasn’t filled out. I’d say Byfield has the highest potential ceiling. I think Turcotte will have a nice career but I’m not sure he has the high end upside. Who knows though, fun to speculate.

Turcotte doesn't have high end upside, but Miller does? Have you seen Miller try to receive a pass? Look how bad he is on the PP. Where's his high-end upside?

And Miller has looked a lot better this season than I expected. He's improved his game, but I'm not sure where his high-end upside is coming from. He looks like he's going to develop into a quality top 4 defensive defenseman who can put up 30 or so points because he can transition the puck well and also has an above-average shot, but his hands are not that of a player with big offensive upside.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think if there's a deal here to eventually be made, it's something like Turcotte or Vilardi for Kakko, or Schneider, or Lundkvist. Or some combination of these players and lesser players involved in a trade.

Rangers need centers, Kings could use a winger or defenseman. These players don't all have the same exact value, and player values will change, but I would think these are the players that if the teams were to make a big trade involving recent first round picks, these are the players the teams would consider. I think Byfield is probably off-limits for the Kings because he was their highest pick, and Lafreniere for the same reason.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad