Confirmed with Link: Bye Marc Methot.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Vegas took him.

Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @PierreVLeBrun 4m4 minutes ago

Hearing that VGK have selected Marc Methot in the expansion draft... whether or not he gets flipped over the next few days.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Vegas took him.

Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @PierreVLeBrun 4m4 minutes ago

Hearing that VGK have selected Marc Methot in the expansion draft... whether or not he gets flipped over the next few days.

Beyond his value to the team, he seems like a really good teammate.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Loved Methot, i think he is a great Dman and was a soldier for us. And will always be remembered as a Senator

But we have 3 great NHL ready (or close to it) LHDs with top 4 upside, I think we can survive this blow.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Really sad to see him go but as long as we're proactive these next two off-seasons I won't mind. As much as this is a loss, it really is a potential opportunity.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
sucks but not as big a loss as people may think. If he gets flipped to TOR or MTL, I'll be very disappointed.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
sucks but not as big a loss as people may think. If he gets flipped to TOR or MTL, I'll be very disappointed.

I would be very, very surprised if they picked Methot with the intention to trade him unless they knew for a fact there was a deal there. At the very least, they must have an acceptable deal to a team not on his list just in case he refuses to waive for a team that is offering more.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I would be very, very surprised if they picked Methot with the intention to trade him unless they knew for a fact there was a deal there. At the very least, they must have an acceptable deal to a team not on his list just in case he refuses to waive for a team that is offering more.
They probably wait until the deadline next season to trade him.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

I wonder if his list had to be known by LV.

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Best Partner Karlsson's ever had, which doesnt say a whole lot considering his previous partners but it will be interesting to see how he does on his new team ne it Vegas or whatever team he might get flipped for. He came here a good bottom pairing, low end #4 and leaves a solid top 4 defenceman who is likely a top 60 defenceman in the league defensively.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
If Vegas flips him immediately I'm going to be pretty pissed. That wasn't how the expansion process was supposed to work IMO.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
If Vegas flips him immediately I'm going to be pretty pissed. That wasn't how the expansion process was supposed to work IMO.
Seriously they should have to keep any player for at least 1 season since he can't be reacquired by us for that long..

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

First off, yes it absolutely sucks to see him go. However... we now how extra $$ to hopefully upgrade our top 6 forwards. Hopefully Phaneuf plays with Karlsson and we can try to revive the corpse of Ceci.

As for those worried about Methot going to the Leafs or Habs, don't sweat it, they don't have a #65 for Methot to play with.

This team will be perfectly fine without Methot.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Seriously they should have to keep any player for at least 1 season since he can't be reacquired by us for that long..

Except they can't have a 30-team NHL roster. Too many NHL players would be forced into the AHL that way. Chicago would win the Calder Cup.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
First off, yes it absolutely sucks to see him go. However... we now how extra $$ to hopefully upgrade our top 6 forwards. Hopefully Phaneuf plays with Karlsson and we can try to revive the corpse of Ceci.

As for those worried about Methot going to the Leafs or Habs, don't sweat it, they don't have a #65 for Methot to play with.

This team will be perfectly fine without Methot.
We need to find another vet on D for this season. one not worth 5 mill though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->