Bye Bye Buzzers

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The SIJHL and NOJHL earned some serious respect last night when Sudbury soundly beat St. Mike's 5-2 at the Dudley Hewitt Cup in Thunder Bay, knocking St. Mike's out. I had the opportunity to be at nearly all the games and I can say that St. Mike's was no better than any of the other teams competing. In their first game, they were beaten by a better goalie, the second game they pretty much dominated the entire game, and in the third game (the most important one of the tournament) the Buzzers were let down by their goaltending. That's 2 out of 3 games where the Buzzers goalies dropped the ball. They were very likely the most talented team, but they were just outdone by teams scoring at opportune times. Maybe now all this talk about the SIJHL and NOJHL being patsy leagues will end and people will see that these teams can play.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Nice to see some Tier II talk on this board, though it probably belongs in another section.

Anyway, I can tell you that the OPJHL is a bloated watered down league and it is very difficult in scouting/evaluating players in that league.

It doesn't really shock me to see a couple of teams from the Northern Ontario hinterland knock off a "legendary" team likd St. Mikes.

faucette78

Jan 6, 2005
Kritty said:
The SIJHL and NOJHL earned some serious respect last night when Sudbury soundly beat St. Mike's 5-2 at the Dudley Hewitt Cup in Thunder Bay, knocking St. Mike's out. I had the opportunity to be at nearly all the games and I can say that St. Mike's was no better than any of the other teams competing. In their first game, they were beaten by a better goalie, the second game they pretty much dominated the entire game, and in the third game (the most important one of the tournament) the Buzzers were let down by their goaltending. That's 2 out of 3 games where the Buzzers goalies dropped the ball. They were very likely the most talented team, but they were just outdone by teams scoring at opportune times. Maybe now all this talk about the SIJHL and NOJHL being patsy leagues will end and people will see that these teams can play.

I am quite surprised that Kain Tisi didn't bring his A game to the tournament. He was a rock all year for St. Mikes and was probably thier best player in the playoffs. He always had the big save at the right time. Oh well, ya can't win them all.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
faucette78 said:
I am quite surprised that Kain Tisi didn't bring his A game to the tournament. He was a rock all year for St. Mikes and was probably thier best player in the playoffs. He always had the big save at the right time. Oh well, ya can't win them all.

You can see that he has talent, but he just let in some questionable goals and some of the worst moments. Also, it seemed that the St. Mike's players couldn't find the net when they needed to while the other teams, specifically Dryden and Sudbury, were able to score when need be. Regardless of who wins, I don't see them doing much at the Royal Bank this year. The Fort William team is strong but not when you compare them to the Western teams.

sensnucksfan5311

Nov 21, 2005
Northern Ontario
Kritty said:

Are you going to the final tonight? If you are, can you post the results here after? I was unable to find any results online, and I'd have to wait to find the newspaper articles the next day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad