Bye Bye Bill

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
The HFNHL Penguins have decided to NOT match the offer to William Karlsson and will accept the compensation from the Nashville Bandits.

Wild Bill is an exciting young player that we made numerous lucrative contract offers to and we are sorry to see him leave just as he was about to become an impact HFNHL player.

A few key reasons for our decision:
  1. Karlsson was never acquired to be a scoring line player and we weren’t interested in making him our highest paid player based on one super nova season.
  2. With a #1 franchise C (Mackinnon) and a SIM darling in Ryan O’Reilly, we are already heavily invested in scoring line C.
  3. This group has won 27 playoff games over the last 2 seasons and Karlsson was a small part of a few of them but was not part of the core that carried this team.
  4. We want to focus our resources on players who want to be part of our organization. William and his agent made it clear with their signing of an offer sheet that they were not part of the solution here.
We wish William all the best with his new team and look forward to a championship season for our group.

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Its a gamble for both you and Nashville i think. Is Karlsson legit number one C or something in between what we was Vegas to Columbus. If Karlsson falls in between i think its fair for both of you, if he is a legit #1 probably sucks to lose him for so little. If he falls flat, its a win for you.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I think you made the right choice.

agreed. it's tough any time to part with a breakout player, but for a guy to go from a spare part last season to yielding you a first day full of picks is a really good turn of fortune. it's hard to shoot 20% in the nhl to say the absolute least. it's one of the most polarizing seasons i've ever seen.

Reactions: Dempsey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad