Celebrity Death: Buzzcocks singer Pete Shelley dies at 63

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Saw them way back when at the Horseshoe Tavern (and The Jam at the Roxy Theatre a few weeks later). Buzzcocks were similar in some ways to The Jam, both kind of a mix of power pop and punk, but Shelley was no Paul Weller, and that's where the comparisons end with a crash. Sorry to hear of Shelley's death, though.

Reactions: GB

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Saw them way back when at the Horseshoe Tavern (and The Jam at the Roxy Theatre a few weeks later). Buzzcocks were similar in some ways to The Jam, both kind of a mix of power pop and punk, but Shelley was no Paul Weller, and that's where the comparisons end with a crash. Sorry to hear of Shelley's death, though.

that is what I meant by follow through--they had a couple of good songs--but Weller as a solo artist and with the jam kept things fresh

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
A bit too young when they broke out, but learned about them when Fine Young Cannibals' version of Ever Fallen in Love came out.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The Buzzcocks were so far ahead of the curve IMO, (further evidence with Magazine). Many singles that sound like they came out yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad