TSN: Buzz around Michalek/Spezza/Ryan

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
When you make a 3 for 1 trade for a multiple 30+ goal scorer and he is playing with an Elite center, fans and media are going to expect a lot.

Im not expecting 50 goals but 35-40 would be REALLY nice.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
I expect MM-Spezza-Ryan to become best first line in NHL.
I predict, if healthy, Spezza-Ryan outscores Crosby-Kunitz. I even have a lot of beer in play with my friend, Pens fan. And i expect to win. :)

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I don't think we can beat Crosby. He's so incredibly talented.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
If we can get 60-70 goals out that line I'd be happy. Not expecting the rebirth of the Pizza line or anything, but they are too talented to not put up goals consistently.

My biggest concern is if the second line will click, Turris always had Alfie riding his wing, and it remains to be seen if Turris can keep a line going on his own.

newtron

Jan 5, 2006
Ottawa
If we can get 60-70 goals out that line I'd be happy. Not expecting the rebirth of the Pizza line or anything, but they are too talented to not put up goals consistently.

What? I would be extremely disappointed if that line only puts up 60 goals. Even 70 goals would be a disappointment. That would mean that goal totals for these guys would be:

Ryan: 30
Spezza: 20
Michalek: 20

Spezza and Michalek put up 34 and 35 goals respectively in the last full season 10-11. Also, Bobby Ryan put up 31 goals in that season, expect more with Spezza.

If they can stay healthy, we should expect at least 85 goals from the line.

WhiteLight*

My biggest concern is if the second line will click, Turris always had Alfie riding his wing, and it remains to be seen if Turris can keep a line going on his own.

Let's be honest, 60 is low. I'll disappointed if it's anything under 75 (at least 25 each)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lol 70?

At the lowest. or possibly 5 goalish less like newtron said above but THAT'S IT.

I think a lot of you are underrated Ryan. I think he scores 40 next year, playing with a more dynamic offense strategy and best defender in the league helping.

99 goals baby.

The Fuhr*

Ryan will come a little short of 30... 28 ill say

Spezza will prob go down for 20 games

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
What can I say, I'm conservative. I said 60-70 cause even if they don't click that ain't bad, 90 is more at the high end. Spezza and Michalek health can be an issue and Michalek has only scored 30 once.

What I expect is Michalek 25, Spezza 20, Ryan 30

What I hope is 30/25/40

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Michalek will not last on the first line and will be replaced by Greening or Conacher.

That being said, I'm expecting Ryan to have his highest scoring season.
Increased production with more ice time and an all star defenceman and centre to give him the puck. Going to guess 40 goals for Ryan.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Spezza and Ryan, if healthy, are pretty much locks for 30+ goals. Michalek probably between 20 - 30. You're looking at 80 as a conservative estimate assuming healthy players.

Michalek has the potential to hit 30+, and both Spezza and Ryan could easily hit 40+. We could very well be witnessing the next 'Pizza' line. The odd man out is Michalek, but his two way play could easily open up space for the big guns.

Leachman

May 13, 2007
Spezza is the real winner of the Ryan acquisition. He's flanked by two finishers. I'm not sure that translates into more goals for both finishers.

An elite finisher will do better with two people who can distribute the puck. Alfie could, but I'm not convinced Ryan is at that level. I think having two line mates who were elite level distributors is a big reason why heatley got 50 while he was here and could not elsewhere.

I think the line becomes highly effective but I'm not seeing the product being greater than the sum of its parts.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Am I the only one who thinks this is an unlikely line? As good as Spezza is defensively atm, I still think you throw Greening in there to be the defensive conscience of the group so that Spez can turn and go as soon as we establish possession.

Let Spezza and Ryan form some chemistry and allow Greening to create space.:dunno:

Carrie Underwood

Jul 28, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks this is an unlikely line? As good as Spezza is defensively atm, I still think you throw Greening in there to be the defensive conscience of the group so that Spez can turn and go as soon as we establish possession.

Let Spezza and Ryan form some chemistry and allow Greening to create space.:dunno:

just about to say this... d rather mich with turris and mac

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

:laugh:

60-70 goals? Two thirds of that line will get that.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Greening is really not good on the first line.

He shouldn't be there.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Predictions.........

Spezza - 71G / 27G / 51A / 78P
Ryan - 80G / 35G / 36A / 71P
Michalek - 68G / 25G / 32A / 57P

The trio will score 87 goals in 219 combined games.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Greening is really not good on the first line.

He shouldn't be there.

Not good enough to forecheck, backcheck, and go to the front of the net? I disagree.

He's not a prototypical 1st liner, that's for sure, but it's about finding balance on your lines.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

It's pretty embarrassing if any of those guys misses 20 goals.

Anything under 80's going to be disappointing to some degree. It likely means we didn't win as much as expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad