Proposal: Buyouts (Grabovski)

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Lol, well put.

Doesn't help that Grabo's has a lack of support on his line offensively (no knock against Kuli, or Mcclement, they're just not high quality).

I've often been thinking of late that maybe its time for Grabo and Bozak to be switched. I know people say that him and Kessel don't have chemsitry, but Grabo is good on the draw, good defensively, has a wicked shot, can skate. In the past two years Kessel has shown he is not just a scorer, he can make plays happen anyway offensively. Putting him with a center that can score and that will create chances may get that line going. Not to mention Grabo is paid like a top 2 center, so lets make him one.
Grabovski and Kessel would be able to establish considerable chemistry. It's getting pretty clear that despite JVR attempting to park himself into the net, neither he or Kessel are being allowed to be in their game. They need a scoring centremen who can maximize pressure.

The real reason why Randy isn't stacking the line has to do with the shutdown line. He doesn't want to concentrate talent. Nor does Bozak have the offensive flair, but someone like MacArthur could run the line.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Grabovski and Kessel would be able to establish considerable chemistry. It's getting pretty clear that despite JVR attempting to park himself into the net, neither he or Kessel are being allowed to be in their game. They need a scoring centremen who can maximize pressure.

The real reason why Randy isn't stacking the line has to do with the shutdown line. He doesn't want to concentrate talent. Nor does Bozak have the offensive flair, but someone like MacArthur could run the line.

You know there is something perverse in me that wants to see Grabo play with Kessel.

To see which player would win a tug a war for the puck would be amusing, I could see Kessel yelling at Grabo pass, pass, pass Grabo and then skate with head down to the bench breaking his stick over the boards watching Grabo shoot wide from all angles in a tunnel.

The question here is when would Kessel go Jason Blake on Grabo from frustration. Poor Kule, but he's so used to this, he doesn't know any better, except for his 10 seconds with Kadri, where he scored on a beautiful feed.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
You know there is something perverse in me that wants to see Grabo play with Kessel.

To see which player would win a tug a war for the puck would be amusing, I could see Kessel yelling at Grabo pass, pass, pass Grabo and then skate with head down to the bench breaking his stick over the boards watching Grabo shoot wide from all angles in a tunnel.

The question here is when would Kessel go Jason Blake on Grabo from frustration. Poor Kule, but he's so used to this, he doesn't know any better, except for his 10 seconds with Kadri, where he scored on a beautiful feed.
Kessel probably wouldn't care. If Grabovski were to shoot, it'll be much more easier for Kessel to get into position, recover, and score. That would especially be the case if JVR is parked right in front of the net.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Joffrey Lupul ($5.250m) / Paul Stastny ($6.600m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)
James Van Riemsdyk ($4.250m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($5.500m) / Nikolai Kulemin ($2.800m)
Leo Komarov ($1.200m) / Nazem Kadri ($3.500m) / Matt Frattin ($0.925m)
Frazer McLaren ($0.696m) / Jay McClement ($1.500m) / Colton Orr ($0.700m)
DEFENSEMEN
Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m) / Cody Franson ($2.000m)
Jake Gardiner ($1.117m) / Korbinian Holzer ($0.788m)
Morgan Rielly ($1.775m) / Carl Gunnarsson ($2.500m)
GOALTENDERS
James Reimer ($1.800m)
Ben Scrivens ($0.613m)
OTHER
Buyout: Darcy Tucker ($1.000m)
Buyout: Colby Armstrong ($1.000m)
Buyout: Mike Komisarek ($0.000m)
Buyout: John-Michael Liles ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,912,417; BONUSES: $1,150,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $6,537,583

Get off the crack pipe, your not getting Franson signed for just 2m.

Luke22

Mar 10, 2013

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
An Interesting Excerpt From Feschuk Column

And as for Grabovski — the Maple Leafs are 12 games into their 24-game home schedule, and Grabovski has precisely one goal and zero assists at the Air Canada Centre this year.

Maybe that'd be fine if he was a bit player. But a year ago this month Burke made him the highest-paid forward on the team, complete with a $5.5-million cap hit that doesn't abate until after 2016-17.

Maybe some of Grabovski's lack of production can be justified by his defensive responsibilities. But his salary puts Burke's predecessor Dave Nonis in a difficult spot this summer, when Leafs forwards Tyler Bozak and Clarke MacArthur will be unrestricted free agents who'll be able to make a case that they're far more productive team members than the below-the-radar Belarusian.

Already this season Randy Carlyle has publicly suggested Grabovski needs to play with “more fire.†Grabovski hasn't taken kindly to the suggestion. And the joke around the Maple Leafs dressing room is that Grabovski, never one to blame himself for his problems, has again taken to blaming his Easton sticks. Right, Grabo — it must be the sticks.

Grabo's time as a Leaf sounds like it has mercifully winding down here, his Best Before Date is nearing expiration.

Never one to blame himself, and blaming his sticks? I laughed.

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Grabo's time as a Leaf sounds like it has mercifully winding down here, his Best Before Date is nearing expiration.

Never one to blame himself, and blaming his sticks? I laughed.

He played with some godly fire last night. Got kneed and hit from behind, that should have been two penalties, and kept on trucking.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He played with some godly fire last night. Got kneed and hit from behind, that should have been two penalties, and kept on trucking.

Yep, I never said he couldn't take a licking and keep on ticking.

That however doesn't make him a Monster, but usually in my world players that do the hitting are the true "monsters'.

1 point in 12 Home games, how is this excused?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I find the part of his teammates joking about Grabo never one to blaming himself the most glaring part of the quote. Grabo is not too popular in the room one can surmise or at least is not very respected. Lack of accountability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->