Buying tickets from scalpers?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristosCUP

Sep 3, 2007
Hey guys, I'm in Toronto with my best bud and we will Definitly be attending the game tonight !

I was just curious, is buying tickets from scalpers legit? Anyone ever run into any problems?

And anyone else gonna be there?

Gohabsgo!

Chris

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Cops get their tickets from scalpers so you'll be fine buying from them but it will cost a lot more then ticket value

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Cops get their tickets from scalpers so you'll be fine buying from them but it will cost a lot more then ticket value

I usually wait till the puck drops, then you can get a real decent price.

ChristosCUP

Sep 3, 2007
Well
Folks I ended up buying from scalpers...

My wallet : " what in the world just happened to me?! "

Regardless, fun arena, tons of hecklers but had a blast even bought the dudes beside us a beer for loosing a first period bet.

Still does not compare to te bell center though !

Have a great night, on to the next game folks !

Cheers

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Well
Folks I ended up buying from scalpers...

My wallet : " what in the world just happened to me?! "

Regardless, fun arena, tons of hecklers but had a blast even bought the dudes beside us a beer for loosing a first period bet.

Still does not compare to te bell center though !

Have a great night, on to the next game folks !

Cheers

How much?

yoyo999

May 24, 2012
In March, me and some friends made a road trip to Columbus, OH to go see an NHL game. We went to the Jackets vs. Detroit game. It was an afternoon game they won 3-0. We bought tickets off a scalper and had no problems.

8 rows up, vs. a rival, $55 on the ticket, we paid $60.

In toronto, those tickets would have cost us $300.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
In March, me and some friends made a road trip to Columbus, OH to go see an NHL game. We went to the Jackets vs. Detroit game. It was an afternoon game they won 3-0. We bought tickets off a scalper and had no problems.

8 rows up, vs. a rival, $55 on the ticket, we paid $60.

In toronto, those tickets would have cost us $300.
Good ol' supply vs demand...the CDN hockey markets are insane when it comes to prices of tickets, from the box office or the scalpers...

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Columbus is the closest team to me. I live in Cincinnati about 80 miles away from Nationwide Arena.

I've kept a log for the fun of it over the past two seasons regarding how much I've paid for tickets.

The grand total for 20 games has been $211 ($10.50/ticket). About half of these were scalped and the others were $10 seats purchased at the box office. I've used stubhub.com twice. The most I've paid has been $25 and I've had one ticket just given to me. 7 of the tickets have been in the lower bowl of the arena.

I haven't paid for parking one single time. The walk to the arena is generally a little less than 10 minutes and there is no wait getting to the highway for the ride home.

Almost all these games have been weekday games. I've had plenty of room to stretch out as well:laugh:

Sports tickets really are about as true a "supply and demand" proposition as there is. The Jackets sold out all of their games their first three or four years and if they are returning to some semblance of competitiveness, then my days of $10 tickets will be nothing more than a pleasant memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad