Buyers and Sellers this year

three dog night

May 3, 2014
At the beginning of the year when Niagara wasn't doing good, literally all you would do on the NIA board is make excuses because players who weren't even good were out of the lineup lol
They were they never had a healthy line up till they played Kitchener at the beginning of the month and now dealing with a couple of injuries last weekend

three dog night

May 3, 2014
LOL the difference is the Ice Dogs were missing a 4th line forward and a healthy scratch D-man. They had their entire pre-Robertson trade lineup (and Jacob Paquette) on the ice. The Gens were missing 3 of their best 4 skaters and the best goalie in the league. No **** that team isn't going to play as well as they would if they had everyone

The Gens beat Niagara when they had everyone in the line up

Does London suck because they lost back to back games to OS and Sarnia? Or does their team look a little different without Formenton, Bouchard and Foudy in the lineup? (but they still beat Niagara, even without Formenton, Bouchard, Foudy, Boqvist)
Moore was injured last game Lodnia got hurt early in the game and it too overtime to beat us last game we win the series from Oshawa three points to two last game against Oshawa was three in three plus travel back from London after an overtime loss and for most of the game the dominated.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Moore was injured last game Lodnia got hurt early in the game and it too overtime to beat us last game we win the series from Oshawa three points to two last game against Oshawa was three in three plus travel back from London after an overtime loss and for most of the game the dominated.

In the playoffs, where these teams will likely meet, losing in OT doesn't help you. The Gens and Niagara each beat each other once this season

You are the excuse machine. Niagara lost to London because of a 3-in-3 and they outshot London. Well the Gens were also in a 3-in-3 and outshot Niagara so.......

I can't wait until Niagara loses in the playoffs and you jump on here being like yeah but we were missing our assistant equipment manager so what do you expect

Last edited:

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Expecting three dog night to say something even a little bit intelligent in terms of hockey is like expecting Gabe Vilardi to be healthy
Vilardi never played last with Windsor - was traded at the deadline to Kingston and produced at approx 2 points a game. He is basically cleared to go just not game shape enough to play for the WJ team. If the right conditionals were offered he may be the steal of the deadline. Low risk, high reward is the way to go with him.

OS Fan

Oct 7, 2018
I picked Shwa at the start of the season and I still think they will take the east. Yes they need to buy a couple players and they will. I still see a substantial deal with the Attack. This coming from my crystal ball. Lol

three dog night

May 3, 2014
In the playoffs, where these teams will likely meet, losing in OT doesn't help you. The Gens and Niagara each beat each other once this season

You are the excuse machine. Niagara lost to London because of a 3-in-3 and they outshot London. Well the Gens were also in a 3-in-3 and outshot Niagara so.......

I can't wait until Niagara loses in the playoffs and you jump on here being like yeah but we were missing our assistant equipment manager so what do you expect
Only way we play Oshawa has it stands now is in the east final ot loss to Oshawa gives the Dogs home ice advantage

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Ok, that’s easier to stomach. Though, I think Niagara ‘could/should’ add two OA as well. They can do better than a relatively productive smallish Schafer given that they can make really good use of a C & RD with size and playoff experience.
At that point, ‘67s will need to spend more than they seem to want in order to stay the front runner.

Don’t discount Guelph. I doubt Burnett is at all concerned about next season, (right now). After their three recent trades, Burnett has the draft capital to transform that team into the BIG (all veteran) wear you down in all three zones playoff team he likes.
I like Guelph as well. Many of their fan base are unhappy with Burnett and feel he may be holding them back.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
All teams miss players no excuse

The point is you can't use games played in December and the first week of January as any sort of measuring stick. First, many players are scattered for tournaments and others have their brains on exams and Christmas break.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I picked Shwa at the start of the season and I still think they will take the east. Yes they need to buy a couple players and they will. I still see a substantial deal with the Attack. This coming from my crystal ball. Lol

I don't see it. That doesn't mean they won't make a big splash but they picked the owners kid in the first round so it is highly unlikely they trade him. They'd need to get creative.

GU makes a good point that although they do lose a few players, their window may be better next year and I sort of agree. If they could pull off a Dellandrea trade, that would be ideal for sure.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
That's nothing new....

You’re right, it’s nothing new; remember way back to 1 1/2 seasons ago when Missy & Ottawa threads were touting Boyd as quite possibly the worst OHL GM? Doesn’t matter if it’s Bassin or Butler or Burnett or Boyd or Branch or Smith or Williamson or even DeGray; when things aren’t perfect, it’s because of the GM

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
You’re right, it’s nothing new; remember way back to 1 1/2 seasons ago when Missy & Ottawa threads were touting Boyd as quite possibly the worst OHL GM? Doesn’t matter if it’s Bassin or Butler or Burnett or Boyd or Branch or Smith or Williamson or even DeGray; when things aren’t perfect, it’s because of the GM

Hahahahaha. Touche. Good point.

I think certain longer serving GM's have certain tendencies that you can usually set your clock on though. I think GB has shown an inability to achieve the ceiling of his team's for whatever reason. A lot of head scratching moves.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Hahahahaha. Touche. Good point.

I think certain longer serving GM's have certain tendencies that you can usually set your clock on though. I think GB has shown an inability to achieve the ceiling of his team's for whatever reason. A lot of head scratching moves.

Yeah, Burnett likes a specific player type: He’s gone kind of all-in, in Belleville; and, seemed to be building towards a fail safe team in Hamilton that some one else ended up winning with. We’ll see if he spends like its do or die this time,

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Yeah, Burnett likes a specific player type: He’s gone kind of all-in, in Belleville; and, seemed to be building towards a fail safe team in Hamilton that some one else ended up winning with. We’ll see if he spends like its do or die this time,

The older more experienced guys that seem more stable and secure and are not trying to make it to the NHL tend to not go as heavy handed. See Kilrea, Templeton, Butler etc....

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The older more experienced guys that seem more stable and secure and are not trying to make it to the NHL tend to not go as heavy handed. See Kilrea, Templeton, Butler etc....

True for the most part. For the time, Templeton was a big time buyer the year he went out and got Bonsingnore & Moreau for a wolves run. Butler set his team back trying to get to the OHL final in consecutive years. Williamson was by no means adverse to buying big. :)
Do you think Burnett is stinging after seeing his assets win an OHL championship? I do. I (think) there’s some big moves to be made by the storm.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016

Please three dog knight, don’t forget the most important piece to the ID’s offence was injured in the first period Saturday night.

How is Bones doing after that fall anyway?

Reactions: three dog night

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
True for the most part. For the time, Templeton was a big time buyer the year he went out and got Bonsingnore & Moreau for a wolves run. Butler set his team back trying to get to the OHL final in consecutive years. Williamson was by no means adverse to buying big. :)
Do you think Burnett is stinging after seeing his assets win an OHL championship? I do. I (think) there’s some big moves to be made by the storm.

I think we'll see Guelph make multiple moves leading up to the deadline. No way they sit on the asssets they've gained in the Primeau, Merkley, & Bertuzzi deals.

Guelph is no pushover. They gave London all they could handle a few weeks ago. Merkley's leaving leaves a hole on the blueline. George could bring in a second tier 99 to replace his minutes with a guy like Garreffa or go a little bigger and swap out Poirier for Eliot.

They have enough assets to get creative. Five 2nds in the next two drafts is a good start not to mention they could move Chayka if they chose to make a big move.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I think we'll see Guelph make multiple moves leading up to the deadline. No way they sit on the asssets they've gained in the Primeau, Merkley, & Bertuzzi deals.

Guelph is no pushover. They gave London all they could handle a few weeks ago. Merkley's leaving leaves a hole on the blueline. George could bring in a second tier 99 to replace his minutes with a guy like Garreffa or go a little bigger and swap out Poirier for Eliot.

They have enough assets to get creative. Five 2nds in the next two drafts is a good start not to mention they could move Chayka if they chose to make a big move.

They won't move Chayka,could have had Dipietro from Windsor if they were willing to trade Chayka to Windsor.
Windsor wanted him and Guelph said no.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
They won't move Chayka,could have had Dipietro from Windsor if they were willing to trade Chayka to Windsor.

So instead the Spits took picks and a potential, maybe, might show?
1 maybe 2 year player? Chayka value>>>than the kid Ott gave the rights to. ( hence only the extra 2/3 rd picks if he doesnt show- Chayka has a much higher value than a couple high picks) Im thinking WR got greedy if what you say is true and he wanted Chayka to start.

Musta been slim slim pickings for DiPi considering what they settled for if it started with an 02 top pick from another squad.
I dont blame Guelph for passing if WR insisted on Chayka. Kid is a potential 3/4 year difference maker.
And they got no where near the value in a player in the deal they eventually made, esp considering they gotta wait on the player to potentially report.

Last edited:

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
And they got no where near the value in a player in the deal they eventually made, esp considering they gotta wait on the player to potentially report.

Agreed - there is more to the Ottawa deal in the future?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

As far as DiPietro to Guelph goes, George may have weighed the difference between having DiPietro minus Chayka and picks plus moving Popovich out or having DiPietro winding up in Ottawa.

There weren't many landing spots for DiPietro. George probably knew it was between the Storm and 67's for his services. George also probably realized that the other two big contenders in the west are pretty much set in net. Why blow your brains out on DiPietro when you can better use your assets to improve in other areas - especially if you feel Popovich is on par with the London and Soo goalies and DiPietro will wind up in the east anyway?

Maybe it makes more sense to George to possibly include Chayka in a deal for a big time forward and go with Popovich as opposed to having a DiPietro be your only significant add?

Reactions: dirty12

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Agreed - there is more to the Ottawa deal in the future?

Considering Boyd is on record saying they will be going at it again next year, which is why they are not making players available in trades this year, I can’t see them shipping a player back to Windsor for picks next year to complete this deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad