Buyers and Sellers this year

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Only way we play Oshawa has it stands now is in the east final ot loss to Oshawa gives the Dogs home ice advantage

Round 2 in the 2 vs 3 series. And season series doesn’t have any affect on seeding. Niagara would get home ice because they’re going to win their division and finish 2nd

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Round 2 in the 2 vs 3 series. And season series doesn’t have any affect on seeding. Niagara would get home ice because they’re going to win their division and finish 2nd

I figure the same finish as you; however, don't discount Sudbury. We will see what happens through the deadline BUT Sudbury and Oshawa are similarly placed right now. If Oshawa does decide next year is a better option and Sudbury does decide to add some cheaper options, it could push Oshawa to 4th. That 3rd-4th battle could be an interesting one this year between Oshawa and Sudbury.

I do think Niagara will pull away from that small pack.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I figure the same finish as you; however, don't discount Sudbury. We will see what happens through the deadline BUT Sudbury and Oshawa are similarly placed right now. If Oshawa does decide next year is a better option and Sudbury does decide to add some cheaper options, it could push Oshawa to 4th. That 3rd-4th battle could be an interesting one this year between Oshawa and Sudbury.

I do think Niagara will pull away from that small pack.

I still think the team other than Oshawa most likely to finish 3rd is Peterborough. They’re now under pressure to win next year so they should be trying to add retuning guys this deadline for a playoff run that will pay off next year. They have too many picks that their roster doesn’t have room for, so they need to spend them

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I still think the team other than Oshawa most likely to finish 3rd is Peterborough. They’re now under pressure to win next year so they should be trying to add retuning guys this deadline for a playoff run that will pay off next year. They have too many picks that their roster doesn’t have room for, so they need to spend them

Good point. So, really, there may be a three team race for 3rd. That jsut makes it even more fun to watch!

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Although it is more than likely, I want that crystal ball for my lotto max ticket tonight.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Hearing We'll see Team Canada FWD Jack Studnicka and Matt Brassard go to the Niagara IceDogs in exchange for Lleyton Moore and Picks.
World Jr freeze is over on January 6th, so will not be complete until then.
#OHL

Reactions: three dog night

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Obviously we can place Oshawa in the sellers category if this is true.

I'm having a hard time remembering a year where the oldest team in the league with a top 3 goalie was a seller. It's a very strange move, as their team loses a ton of talent and will have a very hard time being better next year.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

I'm having a hard time remembering a year where the oldest team in the league with a top 3 goalie was a seller. It's a very strange move, as their team loses a ton of talent and will have a very hard time being better next year.

This exact conversation has literally happened 5 times on this thread in the last 2 weeks lol. Waiting for Gens fans to comment saying Ottawa and Niagara are way better and they can’t catch them. Then we can do this again in 2 days

Reactions: Ptbomillsy619

CarriageRider

Jun 7, 2018

I'm having a hard time remembering a year where the oldest team in the league with a top 3 goalie was a seller. It's a very strange move, as their team loses a ton of talent and will have a very hard time being better next year

I would think it would be difficult but not impossible for them to win the east this year. But I would assume the bigger motivator for ownership is to build for a run in 2-3 years to give last year’s first round pick a better shot at a championship.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

If it’s true (which if I had to guess right now it’d still bet against it happening) I wouldn’t be surprised if Hunt was aggressive going after ‘99 returning guys or good ‘00s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad