Speculation: Buyers and Sellers at the Deadline

Zack Kelly

Jan 1, 2019
just my opinion. if you're a fan of any of the teams here and disagree please comment why. Obviously I dont know every team like the back of my hand but I think I have a good idea.

Metro:
Islanders- Major Buyers
Washington - Buyers/Nothing
Pittsburgh - Buyers/Nothing
Columbus - Seller/Buyer (weird one but Panarin/Bob want out so i wouldnt be suprised if one of them go. but they will get roster players in return, not prospects)
Carolina - Buyer
Philadelphia - Seller/Nothing (Gudas pretty much only guy who might be sold)
NYR - Seller (Probably wont end up moving anyone but Hayes and Zuc are possibles.)
NJD - Seller (Johansson)

Atlantic:
Tampa - Nothing
Boston - Buyer
Toronto - Buyer
Montreal - Nothing Major (as a habs fan id love for them to buy but its not smart for them to ATM. plus Berg said he keeping futures so buying aint really an option probably just Hudon gone)
Buffalo - Buyer/Nothing (feel like then need a new body)
Florida - Seller (lots of people up fro grabs possibly)
Detroit - Seller (Nyquist + more)
Ottawa - FIRE SALE

Central:
Winnipeg - Buyer/Nothing
Nashville - Buyer
St. Louis - Buyer
Dallas - Honestly no clue (Nothing?)
Minnesota - Seller
Colorado - Nothing Major
Chicago - Nothing (id like them to be a seller but i doubt they could move anyone of meaning)

Pacific:
Calgary - Buyer/Nothing
San Jose - Buyer/Nothing
Vegas - Buyer
Vancouver - Nothing
Arizona - Seller
Anaheim - FIRE SALE
Edmonton - FIRE SALE
Los Angeles - Seller

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
The worst part of the point system in the NHL is that it gives teams false hope that they are still in.

Really makes the trade deadline a lot less exciting than it could be.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Anaheim - FIRE SALE

Ducks are 3-1 since the Carlyle termination, and playing a lot better. Ducks are signing Silfverberg to an extension, per TSN, and he was their best rental trade chip. Fire Sale is very unlikely now.

(But they will be open for business at the draft with Fowler and Henrique among the potential available players.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad