Buy-Outs

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Drew,

I understand what you are saying. But if I have an option of either buying a player out at 100% or placing him on my minor for 10% then why would I choose to buy him out especially if I have room under 90 player.

I think we can do better by forcing teams to have player on HFNHL roster if a player has played certain number of games with NHL. For example, player such as Jon Klemm should not have been in the farm team because he is a vetern with more than 500 NHL games played and could have helped other teams if it wasn't for the contract.

Team should have an option of waiving players like him and if he is not taken than they should be forced to keep the player in the HFNHL or releasing by paying the 100% of one year salary.

Unfortunately the 10% contract value for the minors is built into the sim and is not adjustable (at least, not in any version of FHL we've yet seen). Veteran players do have to pass through waivers in order to be sent down, but to your point that is not an issue if the team has slots to spare.

However, already this season we are seeing teams actually having to buy players out rather than send them down, because of the 90-player limit we've imposed. When that goes down to 80 next season, I expect we'll see more, which means it is having the desired effect.

You're right, teams with lots of room on their 90 (or 80) man roster won't have an issue. The only solutions to that I've seen are administratively a pain in the butt. Yours is an interesting suggestion, but would introduce another layer of manual administration to the process. I'm not sure if Drew (who as sim manager would have to monitor for such actions) is all that interested in adding another thing he has to watch for. I don't blame him.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
so, just to see if I understood it correctly before sending in some buyouts, to get them at last seasons contract, the buyout has to be done before Aug.1 which is the date to have 90 players on the roster, right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad