News Article: Button's top 50 affilitated prospects

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Yes 5 in the top-50 but what are the criterias that make Logan Brown, Drake Batherson, Rudolf Balcers and heck, even Vitaly Abramov and Alex Formenton out of the equation?

I can understand if Christian Wolanin is considered graduated when it's different criterias than HF (under 25 y/o and under 65 NHL games) but don't see why some of the 5 mentioned above would not be there, unless you have a very low threshold for NHL games played (20?) In that case, Brannstrom has 33 NHL games... It makes absolutely no sense.

Also, Norris 44th? What makes Cole Caufield #10 (and many others ranked before Norris) and Norris far down the list? Norris has 20 goals and 14 assists in 35 games in his 20 y/o AHL rookie year... His overall game is also much deeper than Caufield, who has an incredible ability to score but if he's not scoring... Caufield should be able to make the NHL on this ability alone but he's still smaller than my kids.

Colin White and Nick Paul are graduated, but look at the list below : Brown, Balcers, Brannstrom, Batherson and Abramov all over PPG. Norris very very close and Formenton while "only" 0.74 PPG has 16 goals in 34 games. It's not because the club is stacked with very good AHL veterans. No, the prospects do that by themselves.

TheAHL.com | The American Hockey League

I know it will sound homerish but Sens really have 10 prospects that should be at least flirting with that top-50. I know it's crazy but it's also expected when you traded players like Karlsson, Stone and Duchene for futures (Norris, Balcers, Brannstrom, Thomson and Abramov are a direct result of these trades)

Also, 4 goalies in the top-13? Why do people still make lists including goalies and skaters?

Finally, let's be honest, Shane Pinto should be the undisputed #1

Buffoon's list is not really the NHL prospects bible.
You do realize that other teams have good prospects also right?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Logan Brown isn’t in the top 5 and nobody seems to bat an eye. I think our expectations For Logan as a fan base are somewhere between bust and please God be an NHL player

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You do realize that other teams have good prospects also right?

Thanks for making me realize it, I'm totally new to this!

I thought it was explicit enough but I guess some always need further clarification. This is what I said :

"I know it will sound homerish but Sens really have 10 prospects that should be at least flirting with that top-50. I know it's crazy but it's also expected when you traded players like Karlsson, Stone and Duchene for futures (Norris, Balcers, Brannstrom, Thomson and Abramov are a direct result of these trades)"

List of the 10 guys I was talking about :

Drake Batherson : Button confirmed he would be top-15 but considered him up in the NHL for good
Erik Brannstrom : already in that top 50
Josh Norris : already in that top 50
Shane Pinto : already in that top 50
Lassi Thomson : already in that top 50
Jacob Bernard-Docker : already in that top 50
Logan Brown : was in his top-50 last season, is he trending down? 21 y/o, 14 pts in 10 AHL Games
Alex Formenton : was in his top-50 last season, is he trending down? 20 y/o, 16 goals in 34 AHL Games
Rudolf Balcers : 22 y/o with over PPG in the AHL, and already 15 pts in 39 NHL Games
Vitaly Abramov : 21 y/o with over PPG in the AHL

So please enlighten me as to WHO shouldn't be "at least flirting with that top-50" instead of trying to make me sound ridiculous lol

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Logan Brown isn’t in the top 5 and nobody seems to bat an eye. I think our expectations For Logan as a fan base are somewhere between bust and please God be an NHL player
I think him and batherson have graduated

atleast that what I think most people believe?

Also the Button list is trash

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

I thought it was explicit enough but I guess some always need further clarification. This is what I said :

"I know it will sound homerish but Sens really have 10 prospects that should be at least flirting with that top-50. I know it's crazy but it's also expected when you traded players like Karlsson, Stone and Duchene for futures (Norris, Balcers, Brannstrom, Thomson and Abramov are a direct result of these trades)"

So now you're going to tell us who shouldn't flirt with that top-50. List of the 10 guys I was talking about :

Drake Batherson : Button confirmed he would be top-15 but considered him up in the NHL for good
Logan Brown : was in his top-50 last season, is he trending down? 21 y/o, 14 pts in 10 AHL Games
Alex Formenton : was in his top-50 last season, is he trending down? 20 y/o, 16 goals in 34 AHL Games
Rudolf Balcers : 22 y/o with over a PPG in the AHL, and already 15 pts in 39 NHL Games
Vitaly Abramov : 21 y/o with over a PPG in the AHL

So please enlighten me as to WHO shouldn't be "at least flirting with that top-50" instead of trying to make me sound ridiculous lol
I hate talking bad about my own teams prospects... but sure.

Logan Brown: Should be an NHL player by now. When he has been up with the team, struggles to keep up with the pace of the game.

Ruldofs Balcers: He should be doing well as a 3 year AHL player. Fact that he hasn’t stuck full time as an NHL player yet can be perceived as a negative by people outside your fanbase

Vitali Abramov: Doesn’t have the upside as others on the list. Wasn’t a high draft pick, and is turning 22 soon. Isn’t even a top 100 prospect.

Formenton: I could easily come up with 50 prospects I would rather have over him. Fact of the matter is he doesn’t have the upside as others on the list.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

List of the 10 guys I was talking about :

Rudolf Balcers : 22 y/o with over PPG in the AHL, and already 15 pts in 39 NHL Games
Vitaly Abramov : 21 y/o with over PPG in the AHL

Pretty sure Brown wasn't in the top 50 last year (just Batherson and Formenton were, plus Brannstrom who was still a VGK).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->