TSN: Button says Bruins are better than Tampa Bay

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I gotta say, watching that game: the Bruins are in Stamkos' head. He played terribly and could have been called for three penalties. I think he's intimidated

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I gotta say, watching that game: the Bruins are in Stamkos' head. He played terribly and could have been called for three penalties. I think he's intimidated

When Bergeron is back as well and can just stick on him, I can’t imagine that will make it any easier for him

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think the Bruins are in their heads kind of like the Caps and Holtby are in the Bruins.

I actually think Tampa has a good team but Cassidy drew up a game plan and the Bruins executed it to perfection.

Reactions: Flannelman and BMC

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Bruins are better than Tampa but worse than Washington. It’s all matchups. Bruins have a .730 winning percentage against Tampa since the ecf in 2011

Reactions: Thrive

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I don’t know if they are better but they were a team I didn’t have much confidence that the Bruins could defeat in the 2nd round . Last night’s win certainly has made me much more hopeful. The Bruins appear to be just as fast ( if not faster ) and are a lot more physical. Both Hedman and Stamkos are highly skilled , obviously but don’t appear to be speed demons , I think the Bruins can get in there faces and make life difficult for them .

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
bruins have to stay focused on each next shift no matter what and staying physical each shift - when they assert themselves physically they always do well, because I think more often than not they beat themselves against teams. When they hit and grind and go after the puck like Marchand does, they can win a cup.

No matter who they face, they need to stay focused on this. Toronto and Washington both exploit the mental game against Boston.

Reactions: BiGBear8

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Realistically we should match up well vs. any team with a heavy reliance on their top line. They still have good depth, especially with Palat coming back, but there's no question that they rely very heavily on that top line duo.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I don’t know if they are better but they were a team I didn’t have much confidence that the Bruins could defeat in the 2nd round . Last night’s win certainly has made me much more hopeful. The Bruins appear to be just as fast ( if not faster ) and are a lot more physical. Both Hedman and Stamkos are highly skilled , obviously but don’t appear to be speed demons , I think the Bruins can get in there faces and make life difficult for them .
Assuming both teams play each other in the 2nd round.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Yes but its mainly about matchup

Bruins are not so good against the Capitals nor Leafs as Tampa is

As well if the Bruins win the 1st seed, hoping to avoid facing the Panthers

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
God, why are Leafs fans the most insufferable bunch of people around here? Like, what's the point of dropping by our board to post this?

I've said it before, Leafs fans anticipating the playoffs are like a young puppy in a new home. All scrambling and sliding around, not knowing where to go or how to act, and more likely than not they end up peeing on the floor.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I've said it before, Leafs fans anticipating the playoffs are like a young puppy in a new home. All scrambling and sliding around, not knowing where to go or how to act, and more likely than not they end up peeing on the floor.

The only reason I don't want to play them is because I don't want to listen to their stupid fans on this board for a week. They act like they're God's gift to the sporting world. As if they have any sort of winning pedigree. At least the other arrogant, insufferable sports franchises have some level of history to back it up.

Bruin1970

Feb 23, 2018
The team to beat in the East? Really? When we beat Washington ONCE call me. They still own the Bruins the way the Bruins own the Penguins. You can't convince me we beat them in a 7 game series. Other teams are making Holtby look like garbage...but the Bruins make him look like Dryden. Convincingly beat them, then I will be on board.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
The team to beat in the East? Really? When we beat Washington ONCE call me. They still own the Bruins the way the Bruins own the Penguins. You can't convince me we beat them in a 7 game series. Other teams are making Holtby look like garbage...but the Bruins make him look like Dryden. Convincingly beat them, then I will be on board.

The Bruins haven't had the chance to play Holtby since his season went to shit. That doesn't mean they aren't the team to beat. Especially since there's a good chance they don't have to face Washington at all

Bruin1970

Feb 23, 2018
The Bruins haven't had the chance to play Holtby since his season went to ****. That doesn't mean they aren't the team to beat. Especially since there's a good chance they don't have to face Washington at all

I hear you- and agree. But history tells us bad things would happen. I really want to play them to see where this team stands. I am not afraid of anyone in the West. Toronto gives us fits, but I think we beat them in a series. If they avoid Washington that is great- but it doesn't answer the question about who is the team to beat. I agree that the matchups could make it meaningless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad